SR20 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 171 Posts

·
VE baby thats right VE
121 Posts
im sellin my ve motor thebuild of the motor link is in my sig. this is a complete ve head with a rr de botom end ive put about 7 to 8 k on it since it went in this is basicly a key motor i will also be includeing my ecu obd1 progamed by calums for the ve im lookin to get 1600 for the motor i will post pics later and can let you drive it before i pull out of my g20

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
You have to run the VE intake manifold. Or you can have something custom built.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok, since i'm not speaking english so well, i would like to resume and ask some question!

- For the computer: we need to run an aftermarket system like "Calum daughterboard with his VE program" or the SR20VE computer. Right?

- Valve clearance on DE stock block? Valve clearance, no issue. Right?

- DE oil pump fit? De pump WILL work on the VE head with DE block BUT BETTER USE A "VE" PUMP. Right?

Now my question:

- Which block it is? filter not located same place as my SR20DE from my 200SX Se-R 1995

- Roller Rocker? What is that? Is my car had Roller Rocker?

- Wire from the NEOvvl solenoid goes where?

- Do I need a Roller Rocker Block to fit the SR20VE head?

Tanx a lot!

·
Guns kill stupid people
808 Posts
Read this whole thread and all those q's will be answered. If it is not people have linked other threads to this one contaong the information you seek.

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
I'd just like to point out something. I was using this How-To to drill my VE head to put it on a DE bottom end. I drilled through the back, then the bottom.....and screwed the 1/8" NPT plug. The plug was blocking almost all of the hole on the back. So i suggest drilling a hole that's higher than that.

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
Here's my suggestion to your problem.

Screw the (vertical) plug in tightly, seal it with your choice of thread sealers. Re-drill the other hole (horizontal) so you're going horizontally into the brass plug. That should remove enough material from the plug for proper flow.

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Or you can get a really tiny plug like I did (first one I found). The one I used was about 1/4 the size of the theoretical one listed above ^^

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
One question. WHy did you go with the RR block instead of a regular de?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
^^^ Ok good to know.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
dont know if you ever check this or if anyone does, but what did you do about the coolant hard lines being RIGHT in the way of the oil fitting for the line we have to run for the oil to the selonoids? The bolt hole on the block RIGHT under that fitting is where that bracket is supposed to go.

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
You don't need to do anything about the hard lines. You can run the oil line around it. Here is a picture from another ve head swap we did.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
what hardline is that from? A rr engine? looks like a det.. but that hardline looks a lot different from the det OR the ve ones we have. I just spy the oil cooler as well.

101 - 120 of 171 Posts