SR20 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
what hardline is that from? A rr engine? looks like a det.. but that hardline looks a lot different from the det OR the ve ones we have. I just spy the oil cooler as well.
Thats a "hybrid" one we made to use the DET oil cooler. It's a DET one closer to the block and the outer one is the VE one, you can tell because it has the attachment points for the VE IM. The motor I did this thread for used a full VE water hardline set and did not have any interference issues (like this one) with the oil line.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
My ve one doesnt look like that though.... Maybe its not a ture VE one. Hell I dont even know now... it doesnt mount up on the IM like that one does... mine has a bracket in the same spot as the det one... **** might be a damn DE one for all I know now... would it help to know my ve is a 97... and not a newer one. Maybe they changed.

Still dont know what Im going t do... just more work... lovely.

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
My ve one doesnt look like that though.... Maybe its not a ture VE one. Hell I dont even know now... it doesnt mount up on the IM like that one does... mine has a bracket in the same spot as the det one... sh*t might be a damn DE one for all I know now... would it help to know my ve is a 97... and not a newer one. Maybe they changed.

Still dont know what Im going t do... just more work... lovely.
Sounds like you don't have a "real" VE one. It shouldn't be that big of a deal to get it all to work together. You will have to switch to a DE/DET coolant flange/sensor fitting vs the VE one if you dont have the whole set.

Luis

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
did I also mention Im using an o2 induction manifold.. Ill jsut leave it hanging around back there... just mounted over on the coolant temp sensor housing... I was trying to avoid more work in this temp... Didnt wanna have to pull em all off and hack'n slash em... Ill have to do it anyways. Oh well. Thanks* for your help... Any other issues you had?

wish you had a couple more pics of what yours looked like but ill just fab it up myself.

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Sorry I didn't find better pics. I have a whole VE head and oil line kit sitting in the garage unassembled ;) Once you have everything together, you'll see it isn't too bad.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
HAHA, just kidding on the not being the VE ones. They are the ve hardlines. Im cold and tired. We'll get the girl done soon. Shes gonna scream.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So has any work been done with using a turbo with the VVL swap?

I'm assuming that i should swap oil pumps for this but which one should i go with?

I'm working with a 96 200sx b14 if spacing is going to be an issue but i wouldn't think it would be.

·
Broke Ass
4,774 Posts
So has any work been done with using a turbo with the VVL swap?

I'm assuming that i should swap oil pumps for this but which one should i go with?

I'm working with a 96 200sx b14 if spacing is going to be an issue but i wouldn't think it would be.
Are you wondering about using a VE head or a whole VE motor? If you are using a de/det block and want to use the VE oil pump, you need to use the VE crank pulley and the VE spacer behind the pulley on the crank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry I guess i shuold have been more specific.

I was talking about the head swap, so i have a DE bottom end with the VE system hooked up and 16VE cams in it when all is said and done.

Just wondering about anything special a need to do when i toss a discopotato or another turbo onto it.

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
In regards to boosting or in general?

Would VG30DE pistons fit into this setup and have enough clearance?
In regards to clearances, and boost. You'd be at 9.8:1 compression. VG30DE piston reliefs are in the wrong place.

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Hey Ron,

This is Dave Swisshelm. I bought an engine from you last September and it is beautiful. Clean as hell inside and out, compression tests perfect straight accross the cylinders. Thanks for taking good care of me. I've been spreading the word.

Dave

PS- I might be buying another this summer!

·
Registered
195 Posts
i see where you hook up the oil line to the VE head. thats where i have my turbo oil feed line right now. but i blew it so im using a older DE block. i got a few questions ***.
-Where on a older DE block(with the oil filter tilted on top) do i hook up the oil line?
-What can i use if i need a oil line for the turbo and another one for the VE head?

thanks in advanced to anyone who can help.

·
Broke Ass
4,774 Posts
i see where you hook up the oil line to the VE head. thats where i have my turbo oil feed line right now. but i blew it so im using a older DE block. i got a few questions ***.
-Where on a older DE block(with the oil filter tilted on top) do i hook up the oil line?
-What can i use if i need a oil line for the turbo and another one for the VE head?

thanks in advanced to anyone who can help.
You take it from the oil filter housing, put a t fitting where the stock oil pressure sender goes.

121 - 140 of 171 Posts