SR20 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
the sinner
236 Posts
That sounds about right..

*update*

I activated the VVL solenoids this weekend, and it works! And no valve piston clearance issue (as expected).

I just got a VVL engine to do the same thing with my sr20de+T 10:1, I'm worried abou the VVL solenoids not working, how or what do I do to ensure these things work???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,
I saw the questions I'm going to ask remain un answered. Maybe someone can clear it up.

When using the VE head, I'm also re using the VE Intake manifold with the VE Throttle body and all sensors?
Maf and other pressure sensors on the intake all remain the DE ?
Whose EGR and injectors do you use?

sincerely,
zac

·
Registered
2 Posts
Man this **** soubds Complicating......... I wanna do the same setup with high compression piston... Have tooooooo Many Questions and im not sure i can get them all answered I guess when i buy the Head i'll be back.. Till then RESEARCH is *** it is.. Good Fukin Writeup ***, even if im still a bit confused it doesnt seem as EASY as an LSVtec motor build ive done to my civic (P.O.S.) 12 Sec Honda.. I want an 11 sec ALL motor VVL!, if HONDA can do it all motor i HOPE NISSAN can too, *** im a FULL blooded Nissan Head

·
the sinner
236 Posts
How was the clearance on pistons and valves? was the recession on the pistons enough to clear the VE calves when the solenoids are engagged?

·
the sinner
236 Posts

*update*

I activated the VVL solenoids this weekend, and it works! And no valve piston clearance issue (as expected).
bump..I missed reading this part, pardon the first question prior to this post. Anyways if I have a high comp pistons as shown in the picture below, will I be encountering valve piston clearance issue????

I am about to boost this hybrid project using a t3 12- 15 psi. I have 1.50mm cometic metal gasket. Is it best to change piston or should I take the time in measuring if it'll make contact?? tnx

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Yeah.. what he ^ said. We did put a motor like this together using the method I described in the beginning. Just make sure you seal up the head passage right.

·
[architecture & cars]
398 Posts
I am really interested in doing this swap.. What would be the list of necessary parts? for a highport/93 Se-r..

VE head w/ intake manifold & TB
vvl solenoid (comes with head?)
oil line pieces (tap, plug & line)
VE oil pump (& VE crank pulley & spacer)
water pump (do you need this? if so, VE or DE?)
head studs
re-programmed ecu (Calum daughterboard with his VE program)
head gaskets, VE right? (& possibly the VC gasket)
and..?

·
SE-R lover
121 Posts
Anybody have any idea how many horses i would be pushing in a US SR20DE b14 ser with bolt ons?

·
SE-R lover
121 Posts
^With a SR20VE head

·
SR20VE Believer
182 Posts

*update*

Would it have been easier to use the SR20VE ECU if you had access to it? Where on the harness did you tap into for powering the solenoids?

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
SR20VE ecu is pretty much useless unless you happen to have the CVT harness. You just need to buy an rpm switch that can provide power to the solenoids.

·
SE-R lover
121 Posts
This thread has answered the majority of my questions, great write up :biggthump. I'm a little confused on clearance issues though. Will highport de pistons cause clearance issues with sr16 cams :confused:?? If so, what are my options?? Thanks

141 - 160 of 171 Posts