SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see a lot of people making threads on their setups, so i figure let me post up mine. No pictures for now but Ill get some up asap.

Currently I have a 02 P11 Sport

NA Setup
Mods to the VE (Parts on motor but motor not yet installed in car)
SSAC 2" header
JWT pop charger
G-Spec crank pulley
G-Spec water pump pulley
Outlaw Engineering Thermoblock spacers
Greddy MSS
JWT ecu, 333cc, 95 Maxima MAF, no rev limiter and o2, egr delete with 50 shot nitrous
B14/P11 harness adapter made by coalition-ser.
Nismo thermostat
Clutchnet Copper-Fiber Disc, Type 1 PP and 10lb flywheel

Not yet purchased:
MSD digital 6
95-98 Maxima maf
Future Turbo Setup

The turbo will be a Garret GT30R with a Gt 4 bolt flange running a Tial 44mm wastegate and most likely a Tial BOV. The intercooler is undecided at this point but will be something that will fit under the stock bumper without cutting the bumper support.

The manifold will be a Love Fab Sidewinder that is currently being made with a matching dump tube and 3" downpipe. Once this is up and running the JWT will be programmed for the 60LB mototron setup @4 bar not sure what maf I will use.

As for now no gauges will be installed. But some trick parts will be added later on:
CS VE fuel rail, undecided FPR, CS water feed and return, CS oil Distribution block. And a nice set of Defi gauges for boost, oil pressure and temp, water temp, EGT and fuel pressure

·
Out of business
863 Posts
same hear

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
trash to greddy mss and buy a msd digital one like l-trains..the gt30r packs a hell of a bunch

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trash to greddy mss and buy a msd digital one like l-trains..the gt30r packs a hell of a bunch
ill pass i like the functionalilty of the mss... the msd, one point and you gotta go in your hood to change it when needed. The greddy can be configured for tps and i also want it separate so the changeover is smooth

·
Registered
559 Posts
Its not like you change it constantly, just something else to guess at until you dyno. Besides the 8969 can tell you the engine rpm under the hood. Set your timing by yourself and see if that comes in handy.

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
Its not like you change it constantly, just something else to guess at until you dyno. Besides the 8969 can tell you the engine rpm under the hood. Set your timing by yourself and see if that comes in handy.
:biggthump exactly..i have seen 3 peeps trade in their greddy's for the 8969

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:
MSS in my possession, JWT ecu at JWT on the bench having the nitrous module reprogrammed for the VE. Greg V shipped out my Crank pulley. TWM shortshifter kit with accessories and Thermoblock spacers on the way as well

Waiting on the JWT ecu to begin install

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
^Man those look fooking good. It makes me wish that I had not passed on them (for now). I don't know if a 2" SSAC could handle the Chuck cams though.

What is the word on thermoblock spacers? I heard a lot of 'ney saying' lately.

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update received the thermoblock spacers, removed all excess "junk" off the motor.. started to install clutch/flywheel combo but dont feel safe with the bolts that attached the flexplate as they are shorter...

Will install the spacers sometime this week. And once i get replacement bolts for the clutch I will install that as well.. Still waiting on JWT.. will call on Monday for update

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
Definately DON'T use the flexplate bolts. You are correct by not feeling safe with them. If it helps out, Ford has a set of bolts that works on our cars and they are 6 point bolts and not 12 point ones like the stockers. Advance may even have them. IIRC they are about half the price too.

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
C y not use a 20v manifold and get a custom 3'' secondary made for it

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^Man those look fooking good. It makes me wish that I had not passed on them (for now). I don't know if a 2" SSAC could handle the Chuck cams though.

What is the word on thermoblock spacers? I heard a lot of 'ney saying' lately.
didnt see this part but the 2" SSAC will eventually be replaced by Lovefab Sidewinder Turbo manifold so it'll be all good =)

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So what do you guys think about a 50 shot for a while until the turbo is in? I already have JWT nitrous daughterboard so I might as well use it huh?

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just received my rear heater hoses form Stylin Motors.. black silicon.. just need to decide what kind of couplers to use.. most likely tbolt clamps on it

1 - 20 of 53 Posts