SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, guys, i finally sprung for the N-Tech brace, and all i can say is WOW! almsot all wheelhop has been quelled, despite 44 psi front tire pressure. also makes the car feel much more expensive as far as chassis rigity goes.

i also installed 1/2 of the ES bushing front end kit, cant wait to see how it is with the control arm bushings in!!! so far, it feels great, and the shifter bushing is nice, i like it more than the short shifter (too much shifting effort for me, i like the nice, smooth, rubbery shifters, i shift faster with them)

only problem with the brace is clearance issues, i have the motivational setup, so it is pretty low up front and it bottoms out and sends sparks everywhere whenever i hit an abrupt bump. i will cut the ends of the bolts off, as these are what is bottoming out everywhere, hopefully i wont have to raise the car itself, it looks so purty this low! ill keep you guys posted on the install of the ES bushings and the clearance issues. but my current opinion is BUY IT!!! especially if you arent very low, other than the coilovers, this is the best suspension mod yet!

------------------
Steve Rockwood
98 SE-R w/stuff

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Yes, cut the bolts off. Mine hit all the time. With the bolts cut, clearance is not a problem.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, I got the stillen one on mine and I like it, helped out more than what I thought it would, and it does not even tie into the crossmember either.

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
I too installed this on Saturday, that along with the ES rear upper mounts. I too was impressed at the difference the bar made. Went autocrossing on Saturday and the front slop is gone. The car actually goes where I point it now! Very worth while mod. I too noticed how low the bolts were, my fear in cutting them even with the bar is being able to get them back on should I need to remove the bar.

late,
wes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts