SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we got my driver side axle back in, and everything together. I go for a ride,p and abouve about say 10 mph or so I hear this bad noise from my driver side axle kinda sounds like schk schk schk schk sck, and it gets faster the faster i go. brakes dont affect the noise, clutch engaged or not, it makes the noise while rolling. I drove to work and back home now for luch, and its not loud anymore. It sounds kinda like braks rubbing metal vs metal, but very fast. Any ideas? TIA!

·
Mr.200SX @ the dash
1,679 Posts
Have you checked to see if the metal guard that his behind the brake disc its rubbing agaisnt the disk itself? if so just push it back a little bit you might have bend it by accident it happened to me when I did my axles as well.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NissanSer54 said:
Have you checked to see if the metal guard that his behind the brake disc its rubbing agaisnt the disk itself? if so just push it back a little bit you might have bend it by accident it happened to me when I did my axles as well.

Good idea, I never thought of that. i'll ahve to do it when I get home tonight, Im about to leave for work now. Thanks man! AAny other ideas anyone?? TIA!

·
Registered
899 Posts
i think nissanser54 nailed i would check the all the brakes pads as well i had a similar problem with my 2000 but i just needed new brake pads

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SE4U2NV said:
i think nissanser54 nailed i would check the all the brakes pads as well i had a similar problem with my 2000 but i just needed new brake pads

DEFINATELY not the brake system, it doesnt change at all when I press the brakes. Plus, my pads are only a couple months old.Keep the ideas rolling everyone! Thanks!

·
Anti-Search Nazi
1,194 Posts
I know this sounds stupid, but make sure your lugnuts are tourqed down. I had the same thing happen when I installed my driver side axle, and the same sound you are talking about started, I immediately pulled over, and jacked the car up and when I put the lug wrench of a lugnut it was super loose, so I kicked myself in the ass for getting all exited and not tourqing down the lugnuts, lol. :D

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SR20steve said:
I know this sounds stupid, but make sure your lugnuts are tourqed down. I had the same thing happen when I installed my driver side axle, and the same sound you are talking about started, I immediately pulled over, and jacked the car up and when I put the lug wrench of a lugnut it was super loose, so I kicked myself in the ass for getting all exited and not tourqing down the lugnuts, lol. :D

My lug nuts are definately tight, as is my axle nut. I will try to tighten them both again though. I havent had time to check and see if the splash guard is rubbing or not. Now I can hears, sometimes when I rev my engine I hear something is rattling or vibrating/rubbing around the driver side axle. Anyone else? If I'm not too tired I will try to check these things already mentioned. Thanks guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts