SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am back in the nissan game except now a B15 SE-R not a B14 SE-R... Ok My B15 is a 2003 Spec V with 39K, just purchased it recently and theres a noise in the motor bay! :squint: I cant exactly point where its coming from but its not all the time... But when it is doing it and I push in the clutch it stops... ok maybe clutch bearing? but it seems to be coming from more of the back of the motor to me... Also when i rev it up a little bit the car backfires! :confused: car is stock and when at idle its not a full push of air out the exhaust its kind like puting but the idle is perfect and the car runs great... :confused: Also I have my check engine light on.. So went to autozone and retrieved these codes:

P0455
EVAP Emission control system leak (large)

P1448
Manufacurer contrl. Auxiliary emission controls...

Can anyone help me with a resolution of what it wrong with the baby??? any imput will be appriciated... :biggthump

My main issue is the noise right now because it worrys me the most....:(

·
Registered
362 Posts
try checking for exhaust leaks or to make sure EGR is working right and check the spec v boards out they may be better off helping you with that engine

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol I figured that, but I've always been a SR20 boy I really dont know the B15 or SPEC V forums or sites... any direction you could point me???

·
Ruby Red SE-R
1,578 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts