SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NASA-VA had a time trial at the Jefferson Circuit at Summit Point this past weekend. They divided everyone into teams by make of cars. Everyonges times were paxed according to SCCA classes and then averaged together. The first place team recieved $500, $300 for the 2nd place team, the 3rd got $200. Team Nissan won, defeating team GM and laying the smack down on team Honda/Acura. We had 4 SE-Rs and one well prepped 240SX. I personally turned a 1:02.9 on the 1.1 mile course.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Newbie? more like Old-bie
202 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Trys_Hard:
Wow,
That sounds like fun, but here in SoCal all the Nissan Guys like to road race and/or drag race. I would have to face all the other teams by myself!
</font>
Actually this was a road race type event. Jefferson Circuit is a small road course in the Summit Point complex. They were doing a time trial similar to a solo I event rather than autocross (solo II).

I think the guys out west (Rob Cadle, Mik Kojima, etc..) do this a few times a year. Usually they will do open track day that'll include a time trial event, too.

And Art, if you haven't been on a road course yet, you have to try it. As long as you're out there with equal level drivers it's a blast.

-Larry

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
That reminds me- Larry, you have to come with me and Raj to Gingerman in the spring. We're bringing the two SE-R's. It's going to be a blast. We'll get Chris to go too. Tear that place up.

------------------
-=Matt=- 97 SE-R 94,000smiles+, POP, custom 2.25" exhaust, ACT, Shifter, ST sways, AV22VFs (new!)

·
Registered
708 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERCA96:
Actually this was a road race type event. Jefferson Circuit is a small road course in the Summit Point complex. They were doing a time trial similar to a solo I event rather than autocross (solo II).

I think the guys out west (Rob Cadle, Mik Kojima, etc..) do this a few times a year. Usually they will do open track day that'll include a time trial event, too.

And Art, if you haven't been on a road course yet, you have to try it. As long as you're out there with equal level drivers it's a blast.

-Larry
</font>
I really want to do a track day here with the other SERCA guys but I'm in the midst of a points race and all the track days seem to coincide with a autocross.

But I will get out there soon!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Wow,
That sounds like fun, but here in SoCal all the Nissan Guys like to road race and/or drag race. I would have to face all the other teams by myself!

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
We rule!

Team Nissan or Team SE-R has won two of the three time trial "shootouts" NASA has held on the Jefferson Circuit. We finished 2nd the other time.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Results

http://www.nasaracing.net/
http://www.get-fast.net/923JCTT.html

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

1 - 8 of 8 Posts