SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.scca.org

Looks like they are going to determine national champions based on 3 south course runs only.

As for Sentras, looks like Pat Griffith (slowSER) finished in 10th (last trophy spot) in DSP. Andy Turnbull (maxQ) finished 30th. I think this is Andy's first year of competition and 1st event in a non-stock car. Feel free to correct me here.

http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nationals/2001/results/dsp.html

Congrats guys.

E-stock, STS should be later this week.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Registered
708 Posts
I just looked at the STS results. After I left it just left the local kid Justin Gilbert who I met on Monday nite who finished 19th overall. In total 15 drivers out of 40 (37.5%) did not compete including the favorites Brian Priebe and Dan Maloney.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Priebe would've been my bet on King of STS, to be honest.

He autocrossed with our region in August, and the guy can flat-out drive the Scooby!

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc.,
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like Chiles finished 7th in E-stock. But than damn 16 year old CRX won....

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
That damn 16 year old CRX is badddddddd. He lives about 4 hours from me, and he has come to one of our local events. he's a nice guy too. The car looks brand new. He usually races in CSP, because he has no competion in ES. Needless to say, that car is very quick. Good job at the Nationals guys. We were all with you in spirit.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
We started finding out about all the things going on after our first runs Tuesday morning (first car off in our heat about 9 a.m. EST). News was very vague initially, and then before my final run, we heard about the WTC collapse and the airliner that hit the Pentagon. I couldn't concentrate on my final run after hearing that, and neither could most of the other DSP drivers. It was like what we were doing was very insignificant. I'm in the Air Force and assigned to the Pentagon, although my division is in an office building in Arlington. However, there are still people I know who work at the Pentagon, and people in my division are over there on a daily basis. I can't put into words what I was feeling Tuesday morning. Someone set up a little TV with "rabbit ears" in the paddock after we were done running, and, like everybody must have felt, we couldn't believe what we were seeing.

The SCCA did a great job with handling things. I'm glad others got a chance to run. Many sporting events were canceled throughout the country, but since so many people were already in Topeka ready to compete, it was a good chance to get our minds off the images on TV.

Anyway, I finished in the final trophy spot in DSP -- my first Nationals trophy. Andy had about 5 runs in my car -- which were his only 5 runs ever on R-compound tires! -- before Nationals, not to mention that this was his first national SCCA event and first year autocrossing. On raw time, he would have been 24th, and he was nowhere close to DFL.
He did very well, all things considered.

Pat, "safe" at home, about 5 miles from the Pentagon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts