SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I posted a thread asking about a 96 200sx se-r i'm thinking about buying. Thanks to everyone I am going to pick it up saturday. Ok what I need now is performance items. I will have about $1000.00 to spend from the begining to pick up a few things. I think I might get some drop springs and an intake and exhaust to start. Any suggestions? What works better on the se-r? I've built a 13 second neon and a 12 second neon. I can do anything to them, but i want to start on something else. I know the se-r has alot of potential, I just need some suggestions to start me off with what I should do first. I will probably end up running nitrous, thats what I ran on both neons and am very familiar with it, so that will probably be how I go in a year or so. I just need the basics for now. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
1. Hotshot header
2. Place Racing or Hotshot CAI
3. Suspension

The suspension in these cars is already decent. If you've got that kind of cash to throw around, 1 and 2 are the best bang-for-the-buck things you can do, in addition to a tuneup (plugs, wires, dist cap/rotor, set timing, etc.) After that do what you want, although you will find that most of the folks on this board are more go than show; cosmetic stuff doesn't do that much for many of us although we are mostly amenable to whatever you do...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What intake & exhaust setup provides the best horsepower gains? Also how low can I drop the car with the factory wheels & tires. I want to go for supension performance as well as motor performance. Thanks again for all the help.
Chris

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
do not spend this money keep it save some more and buy a sr20det ,if you wont a 12 sec car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts