SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have had a problem with my oil return breaking and leaking lately. It's a GTi-T T28, and I have a jimmy-rigged return going right now, but it keeps rupturing the tube right where it goes into the block. It's basically just a tube going onto a barb fitting, but I didn't think it would be a problem since it's not as pressurized in the return. Apparently it is, so I need to know, what are you guys doing that are using the GTi-R turbo? How are you returning to the block? Is there a good kit for it?

Thanks in advance!!

·
change isn't always good
479 Posts
I use the barbed fittings and stainless braided line. Since it didn't line up exactly I have a slight loop on the return line. This causes no problems though.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the only reason it's jimmy rigged is because of the disparity between the block return site and the length/position/angle of the return feed tube from the turbo. I think I'll probably get a flange from ATP and run a stainless line from that, and do like you said, robkris, and put a loop in it. I don't know why that hadn't occurred to me... duh. Thanks for the input guys...

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Dr.Fowler said:
Well, the only reason it's jimmy rigged is because of the disparity between the block return site and the length/position/angle of the return feed tube from the turbo. I think I'll probably get a flange from ATP and run a stainless line from that, and do like you said, robkris, and put a loop in it. I don't know why that hadn't occurred to me... duh. Thanks for the input guys...

I was going to say to ditch the stock fitting and use the ATP flange and fittings. Much more durable!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, that's the way I'm gonna go... I also found out from a friend that www.fast-turbo.com is a good place to deal with, anyone have any experience with them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts