SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i just sold this guy a complete sunroof assembly for a b13. we agreed on 100 shipped. After i spend a week driving around looking for a box big enough i had no luck so i had to make one. now that i finished making the box and buying the pop corns to fill it up the package exceds 108 inches. so it will have to be shipped as freight. it also weigh it at 55-60lbs. after i got a shipping quote for 100, i told the buyer that it costs me 100 to ship it and im not making any money on this sale because thats what i sold it for. i also ask him nicely if he can chip in some more to help cover shipping, i was up to split it half and half. he asked for his money back. well heres the part i need advice on. I dont have a problem giving him is money back. but *** will happen to my time a labor spent packaging this item and now i have a big box sittin in my living room that i cant do anything with. what should i do? he filed a paypal claim requesting his item or money back. i told him to pay 40more and ill ship it to him. or i can refund 80. can u guys let me know what u think. i know we agreed on 100 shipped. but understand my situation. i went trough hell to package this thing.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
You need to take your lumps on this one. Whenever you're going to ship a large / heavy item, you need to check UPS, FedEx, etc to get an idea of how much shipping will cost you. Listing it with shipping included was your mistake, not his.

Live and learn. You won't make this mistake again.

C

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
You might want to check out shipping through Greyhound before you give up. I've seen people ship things like hoods, doors, and trunk lids through them without breaking the bank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts