SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 se-r and my inspection is way over due 6-01. Well my girlfriends dad has a nissan dealership and the told me i need rear rotors because there to thin. The question is do get factory ones brand new or go for the performance ones. Here is the catch at nissan i don't have to pay right away, and with the performance i have to because i dont have a credit card. the dealership wont get performance products. See were my problem is need advise bad because i cant get pulled over. so i need this problem fixed quick.

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
Hmm, i fi were you i would gor fot the big brake kit, or just take the OEM rotors from a Nx, they are bigger and they stop better

------------------
-Dennis w/ 91 Classic DET, Tokiko, Eibach and some more SE-Rious Goodies [[email protected]]

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by xTurbo Classicx:
Hmm, i fi were you i would gor fot the big brake kit, or just take the OEM rotors from a Nx, they are bigger and they stop better

</font>
Getting the NX calipers would help too! =)

Seriously, though, there's really nothing to be gained by switching to "performance" rotors, and by "performance" I assume you mean either cross-drilled or slotted rotors. You're better off just getting OEM rotors or even aftermarket rotors (not necessarily cross-drilled and/or slotted.) Like Dennis said, the NX brake upgrade is a good option, though it's an upgrade for the front brakes, not the rear brakes (the rear brakes are the same between the B13 SE-R and NX2k.)

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R (w/NX brakes)

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
How many miles does your car have?

I didn't even have to change the rear pads until well after 100k miles. Our cars have a huge bias towards the front brakes, and the rears are pretty underwhelming.

The SMC Maxima rear kit is really expensive, and there nowhere as many options for bigger and better rear brakes as there are for the fronts. I'd just buy OE parts.

Not to second-guess your girlfriend's dad, but did he actually measure the rotor thickness (minimum 6.0 mm according to the FSM), or did he just eyeball it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts