SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it true that the 93 g20 was the best year and also could a stock or slightly modded g20 keep up with a stock or slightly modded se-r or 240? if not then i guess youll just look fancier.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Pretty White said:
Look for an 93 Econoline 350 instead!
The 1993 G20's were boats. The conversion was not the best.
LMAO...I remember when I was doing vairous searches for Infiniti G20s I kept coming up with these stupid Chevy vans.... :biggthump

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
Check out www.g20.net/forum to get some specific info on the G20.

ice said:
is it true that the 93 g20 was the best year and also could a stock or slightly modded g20 keep up with a stock or slightly modded se-r or 240? if not then i guess youll just look fancier.
If all is the same the G20 will lose against a se-r because it is a little on the porky side. I beat my buddies G20 with T28 and I was in my Se-r with T25. :biggthump

·
Registered
64 Posts
me = g20
93 = highport
lowport = better, not by much.
p10 > p11
91-96 = p10
lowport = 94+
highport = 91-93
it's a good car. just the intake is a little different. by little i mean upside-down. it's not a big difference though. and yes, 93 is good. better? that's an opinion.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
93.5 is the best year. Why? 1. Its a highport. 2. Its OBD1 3. It has normal seatbelts instead of the crappy mouse motor ones.

Its the *only* G20 year with that ultimate combo.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yes a slightly modded g20 would hold its own against an Se-R and if you wanted to keep up with a slightly modded 240 of the early 90's... owning a stock 91 240 and a stock 91 Se-R I feel that the Se-R was a quicker car most of the time... so if you can stay with a Se-R you should be right up there with the 240. Thanks, Chad.

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
Nissanluver said:
Yes a slightly modded g20 would hold its own against an Se-R and if you wanted to keep up with a slightly modded 240 of the early 90's... owning a stock 91 240 and a stock 91 Se-R I feel that the Se-R was a quicker car most of the time... so if you can stay with a Se-R you should be right up there with the 240. Thanks, Chad.
Also, if performance and acceleration times are important to you, try to look for a manual. The automtic G20's are lethargic and would need some considerable engine mods to keep up. ;)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the advice guys, 2 more things: 1. I have only been able to see 1 pic of really nicely hooked up g20, can anyone show me a pic of theirs. 2. At around how many miles to they usually start giving problems

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
SR20RACER said:
If all is the same the G20 will lose against a se-r because it is a little on the porky side.
But when the road turns, the G20 will squish the SE-R like road kill. I have owned both a 91 SE-R and a 91 G20. The SE-R definitely has better acceleration. But despite the heavier weight, the G20 handles a whole lot better than the SE-R. This is due to the better front suspension and the fact that the B13 chassis is a flexi-flier and the P10 chassis is quite stiff.

I'd personally take a P10 over a B13 anyday.

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
ice said:
thanks for the advice guys, 2 more things: 1. I have only been able to see 1 pic of really nicely hooked up g20, can anyone show me a pic of theirs. 2. At around how many miles to they usually start giving problems
Mine had 210,000 miles and the only real problem I had was when someone hit me hard in the driver's door and threw me into a Saturn. :) I loved the G20 and miss it in many ways despite having my E46 now.

·
Just LTrain Again..
1,147 Posts
Geo said:
But when the road turns, the G20 will squish the SE-R like road kill. I have owned both a 91 SE-R and a 91 G20. The SE-R definitely has better acceleration. But despite the heavier weight, the G20 handles a whole lot better than the SE-R. This is due to the better front suspension and the fact that the B13 chassis is a flexi-flier and the P10 chassis is quite stiff.

I'd personally take a P10 over a B13 anyday.

I agree. I own a b13 and my bro has a 93.5 G. Even with stock suspension the G20 just turns so good.

:cool:

-L

·
Just LTrain Again..
1,147 Posts
I still love my B13 though~!

·
Registered
496 Posts
When, if ever, it starts giving you problems, depends on how well the car was taken care of, as with an SE-R or anything else. However, somewhere around 100k-110k miles you can probably count on the front upper lateral link bushings being shot, and likely at least a a couple of the motor mounts as well.

I second Geo's comments on how the G20 handles - his was the first G20 I drove and it totally sold me on the car.

David

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Geo said:
Mine had 210,000 miles and the only real problem I had was when someone hit me hard in the driver's door and threw me into a Saturn. :) I loved the G20 and miss it in many ways despite having my E46 now.
BMW replacing a G20??? Naaaaaaaaaaah. You'll get anouther one someday, they're getting real cheap.

AS for what to avoid, AVIOD the old lady driven G20's with automatics like the pleague! What happens is the top end never gets lubrication because they never rev it up! ITs sad, really. All kinds of sludge, nasty, ect, just because the poor nissan doesn't get driven hard!! :(

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks, im looking at a 5 speed now and you think anyone here can run the VIN and let me know if its been through any "trouble" it seems almost to ggod to be true

1 - 20 of 40 Posts