SR20 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to get some more power. I want higher comp. and a motor that can handle a good amount of nitrous. I am looking to get a deal on some parts or something. My current motor is crapping out on me. Please help!

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
I hear the Primera engine from UKDM can handle insane amounts of nitrous....sodium filled valves,bigger cams,10:1 comp. ratio......better do some research....my 10:1 came out of a Primera GT from the UK so i dunno im running all motor and that thing handles whatever i throw at it....

·
Bitter Old Man
2,637 Posts
Sounds like you should dump your SE-R and get a late-model Mustang GT.

·
Registered
722 Posts
SE-R1992ReD said:
I am wanting to get some more power. I want higher comp. and a motor that can handle a good amount of nitrous. I am looking to get a deal on some parts or something. My current motor is crapping out on me. Please help!
Pls. explain what crapping out is. We wont be able to help you if you don't tell us.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I figured out what i am doing now. 10.7:1 compression JE custom pistons, cams i cant decide right now, eagle rods, new springs and retainers. Bore. Head polished. Injectors, computer, flywheel and maybe a new clutch. We think the problem is not the motor.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
You have no idea what you are talking about do you...

I don't need to explain why either. Anyone reading this post can pick out a handful of problems about everything your talking about. If you don't know what your saying it will show.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well maybe i worded it wrong but those are the basic things i am doing. sry if you think i am stupid but i am the one spending the money so chill thanks buddy ;)

·
Tired Greasemonkey
1,384 Posts
mYseRgOesvrOOm said:
You have no idea what you are talking about do you...

I don't need to explain why either. Anyone reading this post can pick out a handful of problems about everything your talking about. If you don't know what your saying it will show.
those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
edited for content by me.

·
The Serbaninator
3,241 Posts
Anyone who owns an sr20de with headerS should sell their car, because they sure don't have an sr20de, they have a v6 or v8.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Creagach said:
those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
edited for content by me.
welcome.

At least when I don't post I'm getting things when I have no idea what they are or I put them in my sig like I already have them.

He keeps asking all these real basic questions in a ton of threads but then goes about saying he's gonna get all this custom **** done. He also doesn't do ANY research. I did mine.

Look at his thread asking 'are s4 cams good for all-motor'. WTF. Everyone know's that if they just look on the forum for a day or two.

se-r1992red: I'm not getting on your case about anything. Just, everyone can see you have no idea what your talking about. If you don't know much that's fine. People are willing to teach you. But if you come off like you know everything but you ask simple questions like 'are these cams good' when COUNTLESS threads have been discussed about them. Or when you say you have so many mods in your sig, yet you ask which ones to get everday. There's a big difference. Again, just looking out for you so people don't jump on you in everythread. Do a little research, stay on for awhile...then come back, look at your threads and you'll realize what everyone else has...

JasonQ

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well i just got my new head in and my block should be here at the end of the week. Let me know what you think.....Bored to fit the 300zx Pistons, Eagle rods, stock crank, s4 cams, jun fly wheel, act stage 2 clutch, cam gears and fpr(tunning purposes). Now i am almost at my budget but if needed i will purchase jwt springs and retainers. If i wasnt to get the springs and retainers do you think i would have major problems? Tell me what you think and if u have something bad to say lets try not to be an ass about it i am only looking for advice not a fight

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
You won't need springs and retainers with s4's. They may help a little, but I'd just get them with bigger cams. What is ACT's 'stage 2' clutch? If it's anything but the HD plate and SS disc you don't need that. You'll just break your tranny. Take MikeK's advice and 'buy the simplest clutch to get the job done'. Anything else will just result in more problems in the future.

I still don't know why you need Eagle rods? I'd sell them and buy something more useful. Stock rods are good up too a chitload of power. Nothing you'll ever see N/A without alot of nitrous.

My .02. Everything else seems fine to me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea i was just getting the rods because i will want at least a 100shot in the near future but stock ones hold up to that then i should be fine please let me no ur opion. thanks
Also what kind of power do u think i will get with this setup? ET times mabey?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts