SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I take the motor mounts out, where do I want to support the engine from? I know somewhere underneath, but I don't see any good spot to put a jack under..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, I took the front one out. I am supporting the tranny with a scissor-jack. Will this be enough to support the engine if I take out the back mount as well?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm just moving along. Now I have the front and back mounts out. Should I try to take the other two out too, or do I need to keep a couple in to keep the engine straight?

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Doug if you take out the front and the back one (ie ones attached to underside crossmember) the right engine mount and left trans mounts will hold engine in place no need to support. Replace those(cross member mounts) and then reinstall cross member now switch out the left trans mount and right motor mount one at a time.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got excited and took out the right mount as well. It wasn't a good idea, since now I'm going to have to line things up before putting the mounts in. Shouldn't take too long though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts