SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am about to buy a turbo Soon. I need help on picking one. Please help me out.My goals are to hit 12's or low 11's.

Stage 3 T3/T04E hybrid. Get the 50 trim compressor wheel, and only the 50
trim compressor wheel. Get the .63 A/R turbine housing for boost response
by 3500 RPM. This will support about 320 whp. Get the .82 A/R turbine
housing is you can live with full boost ~800 RPM later. This will support
~400 whp.

Stage 5 T3/T-04E hybrid. Only run the .82 A/R turbine housing. If you want
less lag, get a smaller wheel. Run the 60 trim compressor wheel. Don't run
a 60-1 wheel (****) or the smaller trim T-04E wheels. This turbo will
support about 475-525 whp (don't know on the top end--we haven't maxed one
out yet!). Expect soggy boost repsonse below 4500-5000 RPM..

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
Is it going to be a street driven car?...if so, you might want to stay away from the T3/T04e w/ the 60 trim (stage 5) it would be to laggy for street use.

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
***My goals are to hit 12's or low 11's.

Ok

****Stage 3 T3/T04E hybrid. Get the 50 trim compressor wheel, and only the 50
trim compressor wheel. Get the .63 A/R turbine housing for boost response
by 3500 RPM. This will support about 320 whp.

It will support well into the 400hp range, I have the same turbo, It does spool quickly at 3500 but doenst reach full boost till about 4800 5000.

****Get the .82 A/R turbine
housing is you can live with full boost ~800 RPM later. This will support
~400 whp.

U can get that turbo, I know a lot of se-r folks who run It I believe Ryan B has the same setup. Its not too laggy from what I hear.

------------------

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Speedpro coming soon bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. Equal length stainless steel manifold. Fortified Tranny. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
ok ok ok ok ok ok...
1) about this t28 not getting 320 horse..well your wrong..i got it and i got it to the wheels. and ran low 12's with it. so your wrong there for 1.
2) who ever told you that the 60-1 was "****"? well....i have a 60-1 hi flow and let me say it put over 420 2the wheels on everyday gas useage..92oct...so that's the second time you were wrong....
don't think i am picking on you cause it is not me. i don't ever like anyone thinking that, nor do i want any bad responses. all i am saying is get the right info before you step on peoples toes. and if you don't believe i live in baltimore and we could meet up and hang out.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2) who ever told you that the 60-1 was "****"?

***The above 2 paragraphs in that post were direct quotes from Rob Cadle on the SE-R list archives. Rob is a Garrett turbo engineer. According to Rob, the 60-1 is not as efficient at certain pressure ratios as the 60 trim is. You would have to compare the 2 compressor maps to make specific conclusions. There was more to that particular post that Rob made to the SE-R list that was not included in this thread. Rob went to further detail as to why the 60 trim is "better" than the 60-1.

------------------
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL
1996 200SX SE-R
GTi-R powered with F-MAX kit

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
UH Oh Rob has spoken, So let it be writen so let it be done

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by v8killer:
2) who ever told you that the 60-1 was "****"?

***The above 2 paragraphs in that post were direct quotes from Rob Cadle on the SE-R list archives. Rob is a Garrett turbo engineer. According to Rob, the 60-1 is not as efficient at certain pressure ratios as the 60 trim is. You would have to compare the 2 compressor maps to make specific conclusions. There was more to that particular post that Rob made to the SE-R list that was not included in this thread. Rob went to further detail as to why the 60 trim is "better" than the 60-1.

</font>

------------------

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Speedpro coming soon bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. Equal length stainless steel manifold. Fortified Tranny. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
sure every turbo has it's plusses and minuses, but if you see a car making 420whp at 20psi on gas you can get from a amoco station anywhere across the country compared to looking for race gas and making a higher amount of horse on a half a tank of gas that will last 30 minutes in race conditions. i'll take my daily driver to the grocery store and still have the same at the wheels. alos it is a matter of opinion. certain turbos work good in specific conditions. for example the T04E with a jwt ecu. well the 60-1 with the tech 2 on my car is making crazy numbers. and now i can't wait to see what it is making once i get my freshly built motor back and get to turn the boost up some more.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/nissanprojects.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts