SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and really didn't find the info I needed.
I have Tial 35mm wastegate and I have a TurboXS MBC. The info I gathered was basically only concerning EBCs. The middle-section nipple of the Tial connects to the brass fitting on the turbo (compressor side) and the EBC boost source connects to the top nipple of the Tial....Does this same rule apply to a MBC (mid-section nipple to compressor nipple and top nipple to MBC)?

Manny

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
basically all you do is hook up the wastegate so it runs off the spring..I think thats the side outlet...then just cut that vac hose and install the BC.

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nismo91ser said:
basically all you do is hook up the wastegate so it runs off the spring..I think thats the side outlet...then just cut that vac hose and install the BC.
Install vacuum hose to go from mid-section nipple of Tial to the brass nipple fitting on the turbo and then just tee-off from that vacuum line and install the MBC? Is that what you are saying?

Manny

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I tee off into that vaccuum line, I connect it to the 'in' on the MBC...where do I connect the 'out' from the MBC? Does it go on a nipple somewhere in the intake pipe (Intercooler to TB)?

Manny

·
SHIFT_psssssssttttt
596 Posts
all you gotta do is cut the vacum line for the wastegate...now put the MBC in the middle of that line where you cut it and connect those ends into the MBC...get it?

·
s13 frankenstein
3,483 Posts
bump for thsi thread... does this mean the top nipple on tial wastegate is not used? i hooked mine up using both and my boost climed to 18psi before i let off. This was with no boost controller at all

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Witt19 said:
bump for thsi thread... does this mean the top nipple on tial wastegate is not used? i hooked mine up using both and my boost climed to 18psi before i let off. This was with no boost controller at all
Leave the top nipple alone. Run a vacuum line from middle nipple to the 'in' on the MBC...from the 'out' on the MBC run another vacuum line to the nipple on the compressor housing of the turbo. Basically what I said was...run it inline. Make sure the boost controller is closed then start to open till you reach desired boost level.

Manny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts