SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to drop my 1995 se-r but i dont know what springs or coilovers are good.
i was considering the eibach pro kit and then i figured in a month im gonna want to drop it even more.
the sportline kit is the one i want to put on, but i dont know if they ride good.
anyone have experience with the ground control coilovers or the weapon R coilovers?
anyone know or can give me help?
i was gonna put the kyb agx's.. but i saw kyb gr2's. they have a shock and strut in one so with these i could put coilovers, right?
thanks a lot
dan

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
The budget setup are the AGXs and Prokits. They are worlds better than stock, look good, and handle well. Just be warned that B14s don't have much suspension travel to start with and you will bottom out much more often. Just make sure you trim those "donuts" off the dustboots/bumpstops to give yourself more travel.

The AGXs with the GC coilovers is the next step up. The higher rate springs will help handling and ride quality over the Prokits.

Beyond that are entire setups from Motivational, and two other companies that ecsape me at the moment. There is an older thread in the General forum that goes over all three of these company's product in a lot of depth. Try searching on Motivational in the General forum.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Ding Ding Ding, correct. Seriously though, any of those combinations will give you much better handling. I would avoid comanies like aerospeed and others who sell coilovers and such for 179 dollars. They are not very high quality. You get what you pay for.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will i need to replace my struts if i go with the ground control and agx's?
are there any brands that make shortened struts

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will i need to replace my struts if i go with the ground control and agx's?
are there any brands that make shortened struts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, the agxs are struts, and with the g/c setup, you will need new struts. also, motovational makes them, but they are kinda pricy.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
Beyond that are entire setups from Motivational, and two other companies that ecsape me at the moment.
</font>
Duuuhhhh....ShockTek and Truechoice. lol. Also, Apex suspension is coming out with shortened strut coilover for our car in the next couple months.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i heard that the ground control coilovers jump up and down the strut on a bump though
thats happens?

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaGenesis:
i heard that the ground control coilovers jump up and down the strut on a bump though
thats happens?
</font>
Only if you get the wrong length spring for them

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts