SR20 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
STP Motorsports
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put my new motor and tranny in. Motor runs fine but my tranny wont let me put any gears in. First i thought that the throw out bearing wasnt ingauging because i forgot to put on of the clips that holds the bearing in so i took down the trany and put both clips in. Now the tranny still does the same thing i adjusted it out.The only way to get the to go was to turn it off put it in gear.Then the car just rolled. i pushed the pedal all the way down and nothing.Now the pedal is hard like its ingauging but doesnt do any thing.When i adjusted the clutch all the way out it still dosnt do anything but,now when i start the car in gear the clutch slips like i adjusted to much. has this happend to anybody? Need help let me know. Thanks guys:(

·
Monkey Power
1,105 Posts
sr20starlet said:
i put my new motor and tranny in. Motor runs fine but my tranny wont let me put any gears in. First i thought that the throw out bearing wasnt ingauging because i forgot to put on of the clips that holds the bearing in so i took down the trany and put both clips in. Now the tranny still does the same thing i adjusted it out.The only way to get the to go was to turn it off put it in gear.Then the car just rolled. i pushed the pedal all the way down and nothing.Now the pedal is hard like its ingauging but doesnt do any thing.When i adjusted the clutch all the way out it still dosnt do anything but,now when i start the car in gear the clutch slips like i adjusted to much. has this happend to anybody? Need help let me know. Thanks guys:(
I did that once before and the t/b was bent and unusable. If you can shift the car into gear with the motor off then the tranny should be ok. I would pull the tranny off again and make sure the clutch disk is installed the correct way. I would also check the fingers on the pressure plate.

·
Broke Ass
4,774 Posts
When you put it into gear and then start the car, does it actually drive or does it feel like the clutch is slipping real bad? Does the shifter "go into gear" or is it the tranny that wont go into gear? This happened to me about a week ago, I could put the car in gear but when I pressed the gas it felt like the clutch was slipping bad, I adjusted the clutch cable etc. It ended up being a broke ass axle. Let me know if you cannot understand my rambling, I have had a lot to drink (Went to the Texas vs. OU game).
Jeremy

·
STP Motorsports
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cortrim1 said:
I did that once before and the t/b was bent and unusable. If you can shift the car into gear with the motor off then the tranny should be ok. I would pull the tranny off again and make sure the clutch disk is installed the correct way. I would also check the fingers on the pressure plate.
will do guys thanks for all your help!:biggthump

·
STP Motorsports
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jer_760 said:
When you put it into gear and then start the car, does it actually drive or does it feel like the clutch is slipping real bad? Does the shifter "go into gear" or is it the tranny that wont go into gear? This happened to me about a week ago, I could put the car in gear but when I pressed the gas it felt like the clutch was slipping bad, I adjusted the clutch cable etc. It ended up being a broke ass axle. Let me know if you cannot understand my rambling, I have had a lot to drink (Went to the Texas vs. OU game).
Jeremy
the car actually drives but i mess with adjustments and then it starts to slip but it wont go into gear when the the car is running:confused:

·
Monkey Power
1,105 Posts
sr20starlet said:
i dont think the plate is on backwards if it was would the car still drive?

yes but not very good. It sounds to me as it the disk is in backwards as well. don't forget to replace the t/b when you get in there. I know mine was messed up when I forgot to reattach the clips.

·
STP Motorsports
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cortrim1 said:
yes but not very good. It sounds to me as it the disk is in backwards as well. don't forget to replace the t/b when you get in there. I know mine was messed up when I forgot to reattach the clips.
alright i will replace it thanks guys:biggthump

·
STP Motorsports
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sr20starlet said:
alright i will replace it thanks guys:biggthump
OK guys i replaced the throw out bearing. btw the clutch was on correct. im stump i have no idea why this is happening. What i did realize is that the lever for the clutch has about 1 to 2 inches of play before it touches the presure plate. i dont know if the flywheel is to thin or what. I NEED HELP GUYS:confused:

·
Monkey Power
1,105 Posts
sr20starlet said:
OK guys i replaced the throw out bearing. btw the clutch was on correct. im stump i have no idea why this is happening. What i did realize is that the lever for the clutch has about 1 to 2 inches of play before it touches the presure plate. i dont know if the flywheel is to thin or what. I NEED HELP GUYS:confused:

does the clutch cable have a extender on it. the cable should attach to the arm with the bracket that has the thumb wheel in it(thumb wheel shortens cable). I have seen a few cars that had metal brackets connected to the cable that would extend it a inch. my car had it but I think i had a ga16de clutch cable in the car because my 200sx has the same piece.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Something I just thought of. The later model trannys have 2 sets of mounting holes for the bracket that holds the cable. I think you need to use the holes closest to the firewall. Just a thought.

·
STP Motorsports
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
james vick said:
Something I just thought of. The later model trannys have 2 sets of mounting holes for the bracket that holds the cable. I think you need to use the holes closest to the firewall. Just a thought.
ive replaced the cable and checked the bracket. I dont think thats the problem. i think it has something to do with the flywheel or the pressure plate:( :confused:

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
1st off, what kind of clutch is it?

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
sr20starlet said:
that is normal

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
sr20starlet said:
ive replaced the cable and checked the bracket. I dont think thats the problem. i think it has something to do with the flywheel or the pressure plate:( :confused:
did you get a genuine Nissan cable? I have had the generic ones be the wrong size.

What clutch are you using? check the bracket like James said.

·
STP Motorsports
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will said:
did you get a genuine Nissan cable? I have had the generic ones be the wrong size.
What clutch are you using? check the bracket like James said.
im using the 3 puck from a place called clutch house, and duel diaphram pp but ive always had the same set up the only diffrence is that now i have a pulsar insted of a blue bird motor. ill check the braket and ill get back to ya

1 - 19 of 19 Posts