SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys, here we go. Been trying to start the 'Boost Bear' for the past 2 weeks with ZERO luck. Here is how I have my E-Manage setup:

1991 SR20DE with U13 ECU, Z32 MAF, Deasthwerks 740cc injectors
Rotary settings = 2 0 7
TPS voltage reads = .51 closed, 4.07 fully open (IIRC)
MAF setting = NS-HW2
MAF voltage reads = .44 Input, 1.09 output (Key on, Engine off)

Running Deastchwerks 740cc injectors (Conversion is 370cc to 740cc, 50% increase according to E-Manage) @ 3bar.

Z32 MAF is wired correctly. Triple checked it for like the 80th time today. Twice.

The car will start and run with my foot 100% full throttle. Once throttle is let off, it dies instantly. If I have no throttle, it will just crank for days.

I pulled my plugs directly after a few attempted start-ups with my plugs SOAKING in fuel.

I have compression, I have spark, and I definately have fuel.

JWT S4 cams with JWT Cam Gears (Intake setting @ A, Exhaust setting @ 2) with 20 links inbetween both gear teeth.

ANY IDEAS?? I have been trying to get this thing running for almost a month now, with no luck, and I'm deathly tired of fooling with it.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
hmm i am going to have to look in my old emanage notes for the settings and stuff i will keep an eye on the thread and see what i come up with

·
Banned
3,740 Posts
yea you didnt wire in the emanage correctly down there. Double check the Maf Pinouts because the maf pinout (i dont remeber which color) but there is a similiar color of tht one down there.

My advice is double check by the ecu.

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I didn't wire it correctly, how am I getting the correct voltage (Input/Output)?

I will double check again, tomorrow.

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Had the E-Manage since new.

Weird thing is, it ran with this exact same setup 2 years ago.

I re-wired all of my connections when I had the harness out, just changed some of the old butt connectors to soldering. Maybe I mis-matched something in my injector(s) wiring, because my MAF is 100% correct.

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, all E-Manage wiring is correct. I am going to drop in some factory 259cc injectors, change the ECU back to a DE ECU, and only do the Z32 MAF change through E-Manage. If I still have a problem, I'm going to get a DE MAF and try that. I have got something wrong with my fuel setup SOMEHOW, because I am just dripping with fuel and I can smell it through the exhaust after each attempted start-up. I will keep this posted.

·
Registered
606 Posts
MAF WIRING, Get the wiring diagram from Jim Wolf, the one on this forum is incorrect i think.

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Did that. Twice. That was my first thoughts as well but again, I am getting the correct voltages for my MAF.

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
if you need it i will hook my laptop and check what my z32 is at idle and just with the key on in the morning

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
at idle my maf is at 1.19 with the key on its less that 1.0

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not yet. I will try that.

Thank you very much G-Unit.

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No real update, really.

I put 12V to the MAF itself, out of the vehicle, and I am reading .52V off of the maf sending back to the computer. This is directly off of the MAF pins, with the MAF harness disconnected.

I ordered a JWT ECU, so we'll see what happens. I have plenty of time to wire it all up again, which is now my plan.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts