SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the scoop, my friend had his flywheel lightened by like 3 lbs. when he did the clutch, and he said he couldn't hardly feel any difference, mind you this was in an altima. My question is what are your impressions on the JUN flywheel if you have it in your ride? Is it worth the money? Also, opinions on the act street clutch, or jim wolf clutch setup. Anything opinions would be greatly appreciated! :)

I'm slowly on my way to nitrous for this car, but I do race on the track more than I drag race.

all hail nissan!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well never drove one with a performance clutch. But the lightened flywheel in the Type R is really nice. The thing spins up quick. Just a blip and its turning at 2k or better. Oh love that factory hand tuning

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
my current setup is a JUN flywheel and an ACT street disk. I love it and I can tell a diffrence between the stock fly and the JUN. revs up alot quicker, better throttle response, easier to bog, if you can get a good price on one and really want one, get it, if they are ripping you off, stay away and save your money. I would not mess with any other fly b/c most have a steel insert on a aluminum fly. the JUN is solid steel and, well, a little better built than everything else imho

G

·
0 Posts
The JUN flywheel is made from chromoly. It is a very nice piece. If you get it, don't be worried about a tinny sound every time you start your car. It makes this sounds because the difference in metals between the starter and the flywheel.

The aluminum flywheels with steel inserts are actually good also. Remember, once your flywheel wears a down you can just replace the steel insert on the aluminum flywheels where you'd have to get a new JUN flywheel.

Ryan
95 200SX Turbo

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
what I have always heard is that if you overheat your aluminum fly, it will warp. and it does sound a little less beefy than my stock one, but hey what can ya' do. and ya, you are right, you do have to replace the jun after a few clutches, but I do not plan on going through many more clutches. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts