SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found a 94 Sentra SE-R for sale locally.
Guy is selling it for $1500.00/obo. 154k miles. no 5th gear popout. Clutch pedal kinda tight.

I test drove it and IT DOES NOT COME CLOSE TO MY OLD 91 NX2000!

My NX2k Pulled way harder than this car.

My NX pulled a 15.5 on the quarter and this 94 ser feels like a low to mid 16

WTF?

Shall I keep searching for a 91-92?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I found a 94 Sentra SE-R for sale locally.
Guy is selling it for $1500.00/obo. 154k miles. no 5th gear popout. Clutch pedal kinda tight.

I test drove it and IT DOES NOT COME CLOSE TO MY OLD 91 NX2000!

My NX2k Pulled way harder than this car.

My NX pulled a 15.5 on the quarter and this 94 ser feels like a low to mid 16

WTF?

Shall I keep searching for a 91-92?
Hmm, I've never driven an Egg, but assuming that there is nothing wrong with the car, and that your butt dyno needs to be recalibrated, that's a great price. But if there is somethin wrong with it, hopefully it's cheap to fix. If so, I'd definitely pay that much for it.

In fact, in 2005 I paid 2100 for a 91 with 198,000 miles, and that was still about 500 under blue book value.

·
2.0T
559 Posts
Your NX had a highport and the SE-R in 94 has a lowport which is most likely what you're experiencing. Compounding on top of that is the condition of the two cars.

Oh, this is in the wrong section, a moderator will move this shortly.

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
I sold my 94 lowport for 1500.00 .... i think its def worth it, if nothing else its " younger " than the hiports, and you can always just swap in a highport or go DET....

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
could be something a simple tune up (plugs, cap, rotor, fuel filter) can cure aswell...

·
SR20DEviant
2,131 Posts
And the reason the clutch pedal feels tight, i would change the clutch cable. it gets frayed and sticks to the side of the covering. IF you swap it, it should fix it up easily. You can get one from the dealership for like $40. The dealer ones don't snap/stretch like other ones do. I'd say a tune up and a cable and it should feel better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts