SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 96 200sx and like to know if the 94 g20 low port engine is the same as the one in my 96?? and also, is the 94 g20 ODBII or ODBI?

if i were to do the swap, will it be a straight forward swap??? Or do i need to get the g20 ecu in order to make the engine work...my 96 ecu redline at about 7 and the g20 redline at about 7.5...Will i still be able to use my old ECU>??

Im a newbie,....so please help. any info is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Tom

·
Registered
264 Posts
The 94 G20 should be OBDII.

Swap is a waste of time though, your engines are physically exactly the same, the only difference will be the valve cover and the ecu. You want the G20 ecu, but you don't need the engine.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Tom, do you own a 200SX SE-R? It doesn't sound like you do. Please clarify so you can get a reliable answer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i do own a 200sx ser. my engine blew up on me...water got all over the head and bottom end. I am asking because i need a engine. If my engine work, it would be stupid of me to swap it with a g20.

the reason im asking is because i only see high port engine for sale, and in need of a low port...with odbII so i can get by with the smog regulations. The 94 g20 engine im talking about is a low port as well, but im not sure if its odbI or II...

plus, its only 165.00 if i take the engine out myself.

So help me out here, if its odbII, then im getting it, plus do i also need to get the ecu as well>??? and if i do get it, is it a direct swap?? or do i need mofications...i check and it seems like its prety much the same..But im not a machanic or anything, nor do i have lots of experience with motor, so i dont really know.

thanks...for any input.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
me and my cousin just finished this swap last week we had a 95200sx se-r and we swapped in a 93 g20 motor,u can use the stock ecu itll work just fine youll have some sensors left over and u might want to get a left 91-94 ser the mount cause the 95 mount only 1 bolt will line up its the mount next 2 the oil cap,also ull have to adjust the throttle cable switch over the flywheels,distributor,and the ideling sensor goodluck :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts