SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on an everlasting search for and Intake for my 93 Sentra SE-R with a 91 SE-R motor. Therefor I would need an intake for a 91. I have read all the Soprt Comapct Car issues, and they used an Injen Intake. According to Injen, Nissan made too many different itakes for Injen to follow for the years of 91-93. I know they changed it all in early 93-94, being the T-body up top. So that would make only two models, right? For an intake now, I cut the bottom half of my intake box off, and put the battery in the truck to make her breathe easier. But I want her to breathe better. Does anyone know of a place that sells or makes intakes for my classic. All I know of is Weapon R, and I haven't heard good news bout them.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The intakes for a '91, '92 and '93 are the same. The SR20 was changed in '94 to the low port motor. I'm not sure if the G20 was changed in '94 also, but I've never seen a low port(high TB)P10.

·
Registered
858 Posts
dude, i had a homemade joint until the friend I introduced tothe se-r sold me a place racing intake and put it in for me. I was hooked! nice bang for the buck. a must do investment man!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet. thanx guys. How much did that cost you and what kind of filter do they use? K&N?

G

·
If you go to Place Racings site, its 190$ plus shipping....I have a 93 Classic, and I'm purchasing a POP off one of our fellow "Board" members. Supposedly, it gives a good increase in HP, which should be better than the set-up I have now(which sounds identical to yours!). You're right though, not many things to choose from in this area...

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found out Hotshot makes one too. Which do you think is better? So this narrows it down to two then huh? Hotshot one costs like $200

G

·
I have the hotshots and like it. I have hurd of TPR having fitment problems. You can always get a better price if you are willing to do a lil work and start a group buy.

MarC

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the box cut in half now, and I love the sound. Will the hotshot make it sound and perform better than the box? Plus I may do a hood scoop. Check out a hood scoop from a 88 Ford Thinderbird Supercoupe. It makes the perfect import scoop. Goes under the hood, and it's not big. Just need to find a jucked one though.

G

·
If you go with a CAI you will not need a scoop. (not that you would) Because your filter would be in the wheelwell.

MarC

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Hey 93SE-R I have a MAF adapter for sale if you want it. You pop off your stock box and buy a K&N cone with a 3" inlet and it will bolt rite up to your maf. Make a tube going from the fender to the cone for some cold air and you stiling. It will sound real mean to(Bbbbbbwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaa)

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts