SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 Nissan Pulsar Gti. It has an SR18, but the only difference is displacement. SO...
I have a good Pod filter and Exhaust, advanced timing, but thats all I can do, so far...
What else would you suggest?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
TONS, you can do tons of stuff to your car to make more power. first off if I had the money, I would get a turbo, or sell yours and get a gti-r. (lucky you, it must be nice to have that option) or if you do not want to go that route, you can get a header (or extractors is what you guys call them, I watch ALOT of btcc and atcc) also, you can go to colder plugs, you probably have a 5, go to a 6, you can get a better air intake, ANYTHING that gets colder or more air across the maf, creating more voltage will make more power. another option is putting in a clutch and flywheel setup. I have a JUN ultra street flywheel and an ACT clutch and it feels faster b/c I can get more power to the ground. You can always use nitrous oxide, if availible, if the only thing that is diffrent between the sr18 and the 20 is displacement, you can get some cams, cam gears (even though they do not work that great) and that kind of thing. you can get a short shifter to get better shifts, quicker shifts making your car faster, endless possibilities. If you do not have a ton of money to blow on a real cold air intake, you can get some heater hose and route it from your fenderwell close to your filter to get a little more power and throttle response. If you have any other questions, just ask, I work at one of the best known Nissan dealerships in America, so if I personally do not know the answer, I can get you one. oh, and welcome to our little bulletin board, I hope you enjoy it :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
oh, btw, did I mention that I used to have a Pulsar also.....................it was an 87 nx though, total piece of junk, but it would pull to about 8k and it would run with alot of stuff, so sort of a sleeper, we knocked out the cat, so that thing was LOUD, man we (me and my friends) were stupid back then, killing the enviornment for a few hp :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts