SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i am currently looking for a Se-R for my daily driver. Which year sentra and 200sx have the Motor i want. Sorry about the dumb questions. My plan is a daily driver plus Ready to turbo it. How much should i expect to pay for the various years/conditin/model/mileage. Thanks for your help

------------------

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by xmen:
Hi everyone i am currently looking for a Se-R for my daily driver. Which year sentra and 200sx have the Motor i want. Sorry about the dumb questions. My plan is a daily driver plus Ready to turbo it. How much should i expect to pay for the various years/conditin/model/mileage. Thanks for your help
</font>
Go to www.se-r.net for all the info. As for pricing, Kelly BlueBook (www.kbb.com) wouldn't be a bad place to start.

·
Registered
189 Posts
'91-'94 Sentra SE-R's have the SR20DE

'95-'98 200SX's have the SR20DE

And then you hve the G20's, NX2000, and sentra se.

I think I got em all

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys that site was great i will be looking at a 94 sentra ser soon for 2500. How can i tell from the VIN if its an SER or le or xe or se??

------------------

[This message has been edited by xmen (edited 07-26-2001).]

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by xmen:
thank you guys that site was great i will be looking at a 94 sentra ser soon for 2500. How can i tell from the VIN if its an SER or le or xe or se??

</font>
I can't tell you how to read the VIN number, because I don't know how to read it either, except that if it starts with a 1, then it was assembled in North America; if it starts with a J, then it was assembled in Japan. However, I can tell you what to look for on the car to tell if it's an SE-R or not.

-SE-R badging on trunk. Most obvious part to check, though it's easy to put one on a base model Sentra and some owners take it off.

-Second most obvious: 2 doors.

-Tail lights: The tail lights on the SE-R stretch throughout the width of the trunk, though since you're looking at a '94, the SE models share the same tail lights.

-Rear brakes: The SE-R has rear disc brakes while all other Sentras had drum brakes.

-Fog lights: SE-R's were equipped with factory foglights while all other Sentras weren't equipped with them. However, I have seen SE-R's without the foglights.

-Instrument cluster: Look at the dash. The speedometer should read up to 140mph and the tachometer should go up to 9000rpm with the redline at 7500rpm. Base models didn't have a tachometer and speedometer reads up to 120mph.

-Open up the hood and look at the engine. you've already checked out SE-R.net, so I would hope you know what the SR20DE motor looks like.

There's even a silver placard on the firewall of the engine bay with information about that particular car. It would show the VIN number, engine designation, chassis designation, color code, etc.

Hope that helps...

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you andrew that was a good description. So i guess i might not be able to tell by just the vin#.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys this board is so much more mature just like the mr2 board. Thanks for the VIN help that was exactly what i was looking for so the G and the 2 instead of a E and 1.

------------------

91mr2turbo

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
go to www.holeshotdraggers.org and go to members go to mr2 and you will see pics of my old setup. Here is pic of the New intercooler

here is turbo with manifold

Here is TecII

hope this work. I guess it doesn't work go here

http://cxiong17.freewebspace.com/photo.html

------------------

91mr2turbo

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
I know this is kind of off topic, but what are you doing with the Mr2? I was actually thinking about getting one.

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
just a little correction...the speedometer should read to 150...or is that just on 91's and 92's?

my 91 se-r reads to 150...
-Chris-

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NismoSER:
just a little correction...the speedometer should read to 150...or is that just on 91's and 92's?

my 91 se-r reads to 150...
-Chris-
</font>
Just on the '91-'92's... the gauge layout was changed in '93.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scarpa:
xmen, i love that sig gif.

</font>
I currently own a 91mr2turbo and need to get a ser for daily driver Plus i will turbo it with my old t3/t4 too.

------------------

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
This is what a typical Sentra SE-R VIN would look like (from my FSM):
1N4GB32S1NU000001

The first bolded letter, "G," means it's a SR20DE car. If it's an "E," that means the car has the 1.6L GA16DE.

The bolded number, "2," means the car is a 2-door. Four-door Sentras have a "1" in this position.

The rest of the characters have some trivial meaning. I could type that out if anyone is interested.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey whats going on?
I just bought my 94 SE-R about 4 months ago.
I paid $3,000 for mine with 120,000 miles on the clock. Thats a good price you're getting.
It took me a month to break it into my driving habits but now its a dream.
I had to get rid of that idling problem by ditching the EGR/BPT and I did a hellified tune-up. Now I just need to fix my busted flexpipe. Happy hunting!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys again. Norurb i will use your link. Matt4Nissan my project mr2turbo is getting the engine fully rebuilt with forge internals. I got Radius valve job,cams,BB Turbo, Trunk mount intercooler and TEcII ecu. I plan on building it into a serious street racer. Mr2 are nice but hard to find and usually a 91T will run you atleast 7K for a ok condition one. I need a daily driver and i think the SER will do it for me.

------------------

91mr2turbo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts