529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'd like to get a few opionions.

Car:
1993 SENTRA SE-R Classic
Stillen FSTB
Active Tuning RSTB
Progress F/R Sways

Now I just bought a set of KYB AGX's. I was going to get the Eibach Pro Springs or the H&R. I wanted the Hyperco's but can't find em. I've heard good things about both. However this is just a Daily Driver Street car, some drag racing will eventaully surface after I go DET, but I want to take care of the entire suspension before the DET conversion. I'm planning on complete ES bushing kit as well. Do you guys think I will need to go as far as camber plates just for a daily driver with no autox'ing planned? Will I also need Koni Bumpstops for the Springs/AGX's?

Thanks
RA

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
If you can't find a good deal on some used GCs or Hypercoils then either spring you are asking about should be fine for your needs. C/C plates are nice but they don't seem necessary for what you are using the car for.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
Well camber plates may be useful to get zero camber to help get zero camber....ground control has a pretty sweet camber plate that can only be used with their coilover system. This would cost about 400 more than a conventional lowering spring setup so i guess it boils down to how much you want to spend

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I can get the Eibach Pro/AGX combo for 590.00 shipped. What would it cost if I went with GC springs, and camber plates?

·
Too busy to post
600 Posts
ViperEater said:
Well I can get the Eibach Pro/AGX combo for 590.00 shipped. What would it cost if I went with GC springs, and camber plates?
GC use eibach springs if I'm not mistaken. It is a coil over set-up offering ride height ajustability. They are about 400 plus the AGX's, another 400 (give or take). and then the Camber plates I think retail for around 300.
thats about 1100 (w/o install charge if applicable). Just off the top of my head estimates.
Cuz thats what i was going to do, but went with the D2's :D

Someone correct me if my estimated prices are off alot. :)

EDIT:
389 GC's JGYcustoms.com
339 Camberplates JGYcustoms.com
436 AGX's Tirerack.com (I've seen them for 389 but i can't find it.)

1164= total

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Here are some typical prices. Always keep a lookout for good used deals too.

AGXs------------------------PST $389 shipped
GCs---------------Various places $350-375
C/C plates---------Various places $350-375
Shigspeed rear pillow ball mounts- $150
Koni Bumpstops------------------$65 or so

Thats my setup and its pretty damn good for the $. I'm upgrading the NX to Shockteks soon though so the GC/AGXs are getting handed down to the SE-R :)

NeedMore$4SE-R said:
GC use eibach springs if I'm not mistaken. It is a coil over set-up offering ride height ajustability. They are about 400 plus the AGX's, another 400 (give or take). and then the Camber plates I think retail for around 300.
thats about 1100 (w/o install charge if applicable). Just off the top of my head estimates.
Cuz thats what i was going to do, but went with the D2's :D

Someone correct me if my estimated prices are off alot. :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice. I will research the GC's. Where can I get the koni bumpstops? And is there a size I need?
Thanks
RA

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
you can get Koni Bumpstops from Motivational.net...I think mine were $17 a piece, so $68 total. You'll need them. Motivational also has the best prices I've seen on ES parts for classics.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These will fit the B13 right?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
yep, I have Koni bumpstops from motivational on my hyperco/AGX setup

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just put on agx/gc with koni bumpstops. Motivational1 explained to me to cut down the bumpstop only 1/2 ''. The ride quality is great over stock. Oh if you go GC only lower 1'' unless you want to bottom out. Or until you get rear mounts and front plates for wheel travel.

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
another option is the KYB dust boot/ bumpstop. $10 a piece.
Got these installed on my car, never use them, never bottom out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts