SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that i've got 2 cars I can get serious about turocharging the NX. I've got a T3 turbo in need of a wastegate but I cant seem any. I did find a 35mm wastegate on what looked like TiAL's homepage for $220. If I want the 40mm the price jumps to $380!. I've heard that TiAL was the best but I'd really like to stick to the "low buck turbo" concept as much as possible. Can anyone give me info on what other wastegates are out there and where to find them. THanks!

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
Try the new HKS wastegates. I'm going to be using one on my monster turbo SE-R, and from what everybody has said so far, they're almost as good as the Tial, for much less money. I haven't tried it yet because the car isn't done, but I'll be sure to post impressions when it is. Rob "turbo" Cadle is the one who recommended this wastegate to me, so if it's good enough for him...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah they do have a decent selection but $249 for the TiAL 35mm is still the cheapest, then it jumps to $700! I saw some turbonetics wastegates on their website. Anyone know how much a low-end turbonetics one might run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts