SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Primera Nut
744 Posts
Iirc a 93 should be a mechanical speedo with cable. They used them upto production date August 1992. On the mechanical type the VSS is a reed switch on the back of the speedo. The later electronic speedo has the VSS in the top of the tranny where the cable would have connected...under the intake, towards the back.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i took off the speeo and there was no cables just wires so not sure but ill check again for both, i appreciate it thanks

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
91/92 is cable. 93/94 is electrical. The VSS is on the transmission, above the driver side axle. Lemme try and dig up a picture.

C

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
I've been playing with these cars since 1992, and as far as everything I've ever seen, read, touched etc, every USDM 91/2 is cable and every 93/4 is electrical speedo. Now I wouldn't be surprised that a 93 was built in 92, that's not uncommon at all. I know your intentions are good, but you're adding a level of complexity here that doesn't need to exist.

C

·
Primera Nut
744 Posts
I've been playing with these cars since 1992, and as far as everything I've ever seen, read, touched etc, every USDM 91/2 is cable and every 93/4 is electrical speedo. Now I wouldn't be surprised that a 93 was built in 92, that's not uncommon at all. I know your intentions are good, but you're adding a level of complexity here that doesn't need to exist.

C
Lol, the registration process is probably a bit different in the US than here anyway ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts