SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is all the bolts I have removed so far. I know there is one left towards the front of the car. The front of the tranny wants to seperate but the rear will not. Before prying on it I want to make sure I have all the bolts removed. In the pic there is 2 empty holes where it says inside (inside as in, from the passenger side) Now the trace is from my G20T trans thats going on my B14 with aDET swap. Hope I gave info info for you guys to understand whats going on. Thanks alot!!!!

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
There is 2 other 14mm bolts on the rear crossmember side that you have not taken out. One is a longer one and should not be that hard to find. The other is a short bolt that is inside of a hole that is on the passenger side of the crossmember. You are going to needs a pretty long extension to get to it. There is also a 17mm bolt that goes through the "leg" that comes off the crossmember goes through part of the block and then into the tranny. The 17mm bolt and longer 14mm shouldnt be that hard to see, but you may have trouble getting the small 14mm out.

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
You are going to need to take the round cover off on the driver side of the tranny. There will be a small C-clip at the top of the main shft that needs to be removed. After that is off pull of the washer/cap then tap out the 2 spacers below that. You then need to get out the second C-clip that goes around the entire bearing assembly that you can see. You may need to clean some tranny fluid out of the gap between the case and the bearin to see the clip. Once it is out you should be able to pull the cases apart by using two pry bars(screw drivers) to work the half upward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts