SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone whats up?

ive got a hard choice tomake and i just wanted to know what you guys thought.

1) buy a det and try to get to low 12s
2) sell my se-r :eek: and get a z28 or something and get to low 12s pretty easy...

what do you guys think i should do... honestly

·
Bitter Old Man
2,637 Posts
If all you want out of the car is 12-sec quarter-mile, get the Detroit V-8. If you want refinement, efficiency, gaas mileage, fun-factor, etc., blow that DE.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
if all you care about is hitting 12's, get the z28. Nothing easier to do it in than a pony car. you'll sacrafice other things though.

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
i just dont see the point of a car that does 12s almost stock, there is just no sense of accomplishment to go with that. i dont feel good about myself for hitting 15.5 stock, but i will feel good when i hit 12s on boost.

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
Ok, so run a 12 in either car then what? Is that all you plan on doing with it? Do what you want. I myself would much rather have a slow car turned fast. Then when you pull up to a z28 and smoke him, youll feel good that you did it in a little Nissan with a 4 banger. Its a feeling of accomplishment. Where is the accomplishment in the other option.

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
The DEt route at a Tune of Low 12's will destroy an LS1 that goes low 12's in a Roll on race. All they really need to run 12's are Slicks, Cutout/header/Lid. Its easier to get the speed you want out of the LS1 and in the long run, once you concentrate on the suspension it will way out handle an SE-R at Enthusiast levels of driving.

·
Registered
470 Posts
get boost. all i hear is how addicting it is, i can't wait till i finally get mine boosted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.