SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since June 14th I have been without my SE-R. I am on my second company and fourth engine in search of my JDM SR20. In order for Cheston at SOKO to take the engine back he wants reasons or evidence that proves to him that this engine (pics @
EDIT NEW LINK (14 pics at appx. 37K each)http://tcarver.freeservers.com/JDM.html) is a 98 USDM motor. He says that the intake manifold and exhaust manifold are trivial arguments. I told him that the Primeras are 10:1 compression and that US motors have duller cams. He was unaware that 95+ JDMs had that but knew that 91-94 had that qualities.
What I need:
  • pictures of head codes from all you JDM guys and tell me what year it is. I need 95+ engines mainly, but i need a refrence for my 91-94.
  • pictures of the exhaust manifold from 95+ JDM and a frame of refrence for the 91-94
  • pictures of the intake manifold from 95+ JDM and a frame of refrence for the 91-94
  • Andreas, do you think you could help me straighten this out? What's your number so i can give you a ring?
  • a list of head codes from someone who isn't guessing.
The fact that my engine looks just like Naji doesn't matter. Naji Dahi web site @ http://www.geocities.com/n_dahi/
Cheston said his 95+ stock included:
  1. has infiniti VC with intake manifold like naji. head code 94Y
  2. Nissan VC black VC (he said it was UK). head code 2F2
  3. Nissan VC intake manifold like a 95. head code 2J2
    [/list=a]

Naji with your permission may i construct a websire using pics of your engine?For the time being the link above to Geocites will be all i have on my car on the net, I am constructing a website elsewhere and will soon be up and running. I have got to get my car running by Oct. 20-21 for the Kansas SE-R Meet. That and the fact that she hasn't left the garage since June.

Thank You all very much for helping me.

Todd Carver
    EDIT Let me hear suggestions on that web page too. I made it in five minutes.

EDIT: Ben can I get a pic of your engine that looks like the 98 Engine they sent me. Anyone else, if you have an engine that looks the same take a picture of it and post it please.
    ------------------
    1995 200SX SE-R
    Dead Since June 14th
    Primera Swap(eventually) | Place CAI | Courtesy B-pipe & Thermal Muffler (To be Installed) | ACT Disc | ES MM | Pro-Kits | AGX's | Courtesy Front STB

[This message has been edited by Toddles82 (edited 09-24-2001).]

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I'm uploading all my /turbo folder pics as I have a LOT of pics of my engine in there. They will be at http://www.sr20deforum.com/turbo shortly.

I have other pics as well of the engine bay and I will look thru all my pics as soon as I can and upload them so you can see them.

If you knew where on the head the head code was I'd go and look at mine for you in a second.

And let me know if you need any pictures of anything. I'm happy to help you out all I can.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I still don't see why you don't put the motor you have now inn the car. That motor looks new. Would you rather have a motor with more miles on it? A 10:1 motor will get you 5hp. If you still want tosend that motor back, the easiest way to tell the guy that it is a US motor, is the VIN tag on the block. It's right behind the exhaust manifold, to the left of the place turbo people drill the oil return line. All '97+ Nissan, and possibly others, have this. This will tell you what car that motor came in. My $.02, keep the motor you have and get a header, that will make up for the "lost hp".
EDIT
If you decide to go turbo in the future, 9.5:1 is better for it than 10:1 is.
------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

[This message has been edited by eric96ser (edited 09-25-2001).]

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
for real man, that's a nice ass 98 SR20DE! put that **** in there, and put a 95-97 intake manifold on it! that way you won't have the gay ass little extra emissions peices that probably rob you of HP...

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
That is a great motor. I have know idea what your problem is. All you need to do is change the throttle body or pull off the top half of your intake manifold and put it on the 98 motor.Also change the EGR selenoid because it runs in reverse order to the 95-97 model.
This bull **** off getting 10-1 verses 9.5-1 is so played out. Half of you guys who have JDM motors have 9.5-1 pistons in it anyway. I know which ones are 10-1 but like I said big ****in deal. Just look at ROB CADLES motor it is 9.5-1 On any given motor that is 10-1 or 9.5-1 you will have motors that run stronger than other which is just luck of the draw.
I used a 9.5-1 US low port motor with bolt ons to run 14.2 at 96.9 MPH could have gotten better times but was not really interested in NA just was giving it a check to see what it ran in NA form. The motor is used and set up to run NOS.
In my opinion the high port motor is better of used for someone who is building a high HP NA motor EX. Piston 11-1 and higher, Ported Head, C3 cams. The high port motor is also a better Turbo Motor.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, i'm gonna try and defend myself here. The reason I wanted to document all this was because he basically said I had no idea what I was talking about but then later when on to admit he had no idea what he sold me. He told that head codes don't matter, but as you see he listed me his stock of engines with all different head codes. I can't do a cam swap so the JDM was my chance and getting better cams but rather I have the worst stock cams of the SR20 family. I don't think any of you will agrue against that. There is also a rareity about have a JDM engine. I'm pretty sure all of are just a bit more intrigued when you run across someone who has done a JSPEC swap. If the JDMs aren't so much better, why is that what everyone uses when their engine gets ruined. They don't opted for a US motor (other than silversx). Granted I can slap my intake manifold on there, I still don't like the fact that I was recieved something other than I ordered.
No one likes being called trivial......

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
One big reason that everyone goes out and gets JDM motors is that they are cheaper than their US counterparts. Also the high port motor were made until 98 in alot of the JDM cars. So for the 91-93 car guy that has a high port motor, they are more than likely to get a newer motor with less miles. For all of the 200SX SE-R guys that have low ports that need them try going out and finding one, so the next option is a high port.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i agree with eric96, just install it and get performace parts...10:1 compression and the tubular exhaust primaries are the only main differences...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts