SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard somewhere that aebs is currently developing a new header that will be a two piece instead of one and also will pass emmissions? Any truth to this just wondering..

------------------
Sweep the leg Johnny!!

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CruznSER:
That is great news!!! Could someone verify this is true?

[This message has been edited by CruznSER (edited 10-12-2001).]
</font>
NOW THAT'S A SMILIE FACE

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I personally talked to Ben Ma at englishtown after the races and yes he is developing a new header...its changed at the collector to fold in a 1/4 of an inch more to be a little diamond shaped which will prevent those that are lowered to much to not too crack the header. On top of that he was asking me on how the market now and what ppl wanted...obviously i said we need more parts like the a manifold and intercooler setup...he then says that he had no time this year and has a b13 sentra in the shop under going development for parts like the cam gears that are out already...I look forward to what he is making as he is a great guy and very friendly...spent 30min talking to him.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Anybody know the number to Group 5/ AEBS? I would like to know when is the approx date the are going to release them.

[This message has been edited by CruznSER (edited 10-15-2001).]

·
Registered
350 Posts
By any chance does anyone(Louis?) here have contact with APEX Motorsports?!? Just wondering. I placed an order for the aebs header but they said it was on backorder for 3 weeks. This was over 2 weeks ago when I called. I was just wondering since it's going on 5 weeks now, if it should be available soon. I spoke to Ben, but he hasn't called me back yet.

------------------
Fred
99 Sentra SE

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I talked to Joe at group 5 yesterday about the aebs header. He said basically that them building an all new header is questionable. That the first generation ones sold quickly but for some reason sales and demand has slumped and theyre not sure if it would make sense to start producing them. He said myself and one other person are the only ones to show intrest and that he would see if he could build us a couple of new one-offs.They will have a place for the egr if you want and it will continue to be a one piece 4-1 design. Not sure on the price yet but i'll post when he gets back to me.

------------------
Sweep the leg Johnny!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
so what are the HP #'s on the the AEBS header anyway? i was hopfully ging to get a header in a few weeks. now i dont know if i should wait or not..

Alex

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
I want an AEBS header but finding people that have them in stock seems to be the hardest part. I can help them if their vendors can help us.

O

------------------
4 door SE-R
Ultimate Sleeper
I love the CAI
I Got Money for a little more, suggestions needed
"heavy weight and still undisputed!"

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'd love to get a new AEBS header. My current aebs is almost a write off from hitting the pavement so many times. If they could design one that fits under the car better, I'd jump on it.

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel/Street Tires
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
Making them not drag on the ground is the key here guys...

------------------

Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,GReddy Catback, ACT HD S/S,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,19 deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,ALT 159's, 205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifter,Autometer tach,factory armrest, Royal Purple synthetics..AND A VANILLA AIR FRESHENER!

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I would definately buy an AEBS header if they came out with a new one.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift), Mille Magnia Spider wheels

1 - 13 of 13 Posts