SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the groaning BB DET BOV syndrome. The thing would groan like a rabid horse at part throttle. It was real annoying and it felt like it was losing power also. Ben if you have this problem with yours go out and buy a BOV off a 91 Eclips turbo. They bolt rite on and I only paid $13.50 for mine!(from the junk yard) They are $110 new from the mitsu stealer.

The new BOV works great and it even whistles when it pops off
The DET's diaphram feels very weak compaired to the mitsu's and the mitsu's also has a presure feed that goes to the top of the diaphram. When under boost it will have equal pressure on both sides giving it a lesser chance of opening at the wrong time(good for spool up). Go get one and enjoy!

Mike
98sentraSE Turbo
01 Sentra GXE

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
Mike, why didn't you just buy a aftermarket BOV? I know the price was right (hey that's a TV show), but it's always good to upgrade not replace.

Mario

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In a way it was an upgrade. The mitsu piece is a better piece IMHO. I just figured why spend the money for the upgrade when the stock unit dose the same thing as the aftermarket. The only thing aftermarket pieces are good for is tuning the sound.

Mike

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Cool, thanks for the tip. Is there really anything I can check on it before I put it in? Don't think Mike Jez had that problem so hopefully I won't either.

How did you go about locating the part?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Every One

yeah i did the mitsu bov a few weeks ago and i have to say it work great its a cheap up grade and the price for them at a junkyard is great also i pick mine up for 20.00 at a local junkyard here in houston

Been get one and try the stock one first then try the mitsu i think you will see a nice diff as soon as you change it out

Lionel Stackhouse

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Buddy here at work has a 90 Mitsu Eclipse Turbo. After I get my turbo on he agreed to swap BOV's one day just as an experiment and see how they feel. I will post the results.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Their is nothing you can check out on it. Mine looks totally fine. It would just groan from time to time.

Thank Lionel for the idea. I had looked at it awhile back and figured it would fit but I didn't try it untill I saw his post.

Mike
98sentraSE Turbo [email protected] spinning through 1st and 2nd

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Get yourself some slicks, boy! Run some 12s!

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think it'll run 12's even on slicks. I need to upgrade the fuel pump first...then mabye 12's.

Mike (Goz-lin)
98sentraSE Turbo [email protected]<-13psi Friggen thing won't hold boost when the tires are spinning

G

·
You should try to get a 300ZXTT pump I heard they are the best for the turbo cars,(cost alot brand new though).I used the pump from the 89' turbo Supra. I had to mess around with the wire connections but it works fine. You should try moving the car around 2500-3000 RPMs that should help with some of the spinning. If your running on 14" tires forget it, those tires are good for nitrous but the turbo needs bigger tires. I'm running NITTO NT450's 16" at around 20 lbs. of tire pressure. Those are street tires but they hooked pretty good for me. Spins in 1st but takes off in 2nd.

G

·
You just have to put some terminals on the end of the wires in order to connect them to the pump. It fits into the little case just like the SER pump.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts