SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas!!!
I hope you're all enjoying football while Im at work this Sunday.
Heres my dilema:
I got my Pressure plate and clutch disk, but thats it.
Should I get the other needed parts from the dealer, or should I just hit up Autozone/Pepboys. Or maybe "brian" has a special package? :rolleyes: I love Texas!!!:p ;) :D :cool:

G

·
Smooth Daddy Fig,

If you don't mind waiting, get the throwout bearing from Courtesy and also check if they carry the $3 clutch alignment tool.

The cheapo alignment tool I found at Pep Boys wouldn't sit in the crankshaft hands free, the
very tip is supposed to be ~1/2" diameter but they weren't. If it doesn't fit by itself no way are you going to align the new disc on there centered
enough to get everything back on easily. I ended
up buying their $20 Universal Import Alignment Tool, it kicks ass in that there are a bunch of sleeves to fit any import.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I dont mind waiting, it'll be another 3 weeks if not months till the install. :( Thanks for the reply!!!

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
The $3 Advanced Auto Parts alignment tool has never failed me in 6 clutch jobs now. And yes you do want to get the throwout bearing too.

·
Registered
909 Posts
you dont need and alignment tool. I have done 4-5 SE-R clutches and not one time did I use an alignment tool. Just get the biggest deepwell socket that will fit in the hole and add and extention to it and you have a free alignment tool. :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
But then again it is only like $3 for the RIGHT tool. Your choice. I'll only call you a monkey like MarC if you don't get it, nothing too harsh :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts