SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
........he's just waiting for the carriers (hub center with the nissan splines) to be sent to him ....his supplier is kind of givin us the run-around ..........says they are cut and done but if they are what is standing in the way of shipment..........not the $$$........so thats where it is right now.........ready to assemble, minus one part.......
will be running down there tomorrow to get more info in person and some pics of the parts placed together so you can see what it will look like.........doing my best to stand and deliver..........again these probably won't be ready to ship until spring.........I'm kinda shy about saying anything is dafinite right now because of the body kit deal leaving a sour taste in my mouth........but these are different people and a different deal........... keeping it up..........

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.......the hubs that he's waiting for are good to 480hp at the crank so I don't think we will have a problem with spittin springs outta the hub.........the ones he has on hand are rated at 280..........I have pics that I'm cleaning up and will post tonight.........the hubs will be sprung with 6 of the largest springs I've ever seen on an 8 inch disk.........after this deal is ironed out and there are 20 of these on his shelf he is up for making some flywheels to match , in good time .........
.........so as it stands right now there will soon be 3 rated at 280hp at the flywheel just to get the feel of the ceramic-5-puck sprung hub.........and he's milling my flywheel for a fresh surface (suggested but not essential)

on another note he showed one of his babies he's workin on.........11 inch levered clutch for a top-flight trans for a tractor-pullin dodge..........

........well thats all for now.......more monday........

""5 puck disc on a street car?""Subculture

.........5-puck but sprung........drove the same design in an ecotec and there was very little "snap" upon engagement I wouldn't be trying so hard to get this out to us if I weren't sure that it would be appreciated by the majority of the sr20 drivers........I WILL be able to provide testimonials in a few weeks there will be me with a slightly modded 91sr20 , "---------" (post if you want to be associated) with the boosted sr20, and I'm waiting for an auto-x'r/rally sr20 to jump on it to guage the abusive,high-temp characteristics of this disk.........
.....these first 3 will be rated at 280whp but the hubs he's waiting on will be rated at 480whp..........more details on monday..........cleaning up some pics of the shop and disk tonight......... sorry if this sounded abrasive but I don't want my past deal with the body-kit for the nx that flopped to cast any doubt in the mind of this community......... I'm just tryin to get another option for us with the resources that I have local to me .... thanks for reading this whole thing if anyone has....... bla bla bla bla boy that coffee was strong......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts