SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my clutch went out about 3 months ago and im really missing driving my nx! i want to put a stage 3 clutch in it. is this a wise choice as some point i want to put a turbo on it and maybe nitros. also how hard is it to change the clutch in the nx? thanks for your help

G

·
0 Posts
Don't make a mistake on a poor clutch purchase. My personal advise, after 5 different clutches, get an ACT. The ACT street clutch is perfect for anything up to 230+ ft-lb of torque. With more power they can set you up with a stronger one. It uses a full face Exedy sprung disc with a 42% over presure plate and it kicks arse. I tried the Duel Fiction crap force.... you get the picture. Didn't last. Next was some real bad advise from some Marmey Jerk at a shop here in FL. said that the ceramic 3 puck non-sprung hub with double diaphragm was streetable. Don't know in what world, besides the track, this was steetable. Next was a Broward Shyte moron clutch. Ceramic 9 puck with sprung hub and "only" a 30% over presure plate. This presure is too low for a ceramic puck and it just kept spinning from new. I'm not the only one that had to throw that clutch away. I worned my friend, but he would not listen. My final stop is the ACT street clutch and I am in love. A little stiffer then factory with supper smooth engagement. Jim Wolf says that the factory disc with a 30%+ over presure plate is good for 200ish ft-lb (something in that range). The factory disc is really well built. If you have the money, great idea to buy a Jim Wolf aluminium flywheel while your in there. It kicks arse. The removal of the trany is not too bad. There's quite a few bits you need to remove in a proper order to make it easier on your self. I think I can give you a blow by blow if you need. E-mail if so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts