SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, im getting a new clutch for my DET, and pondering weather an ACT heavy duty w/ the street disc or the 4 puck disc would be better...they are both roughly about $356 or so....this will be holding rouhly 250 hp..and it is daily driven..what do you guys think/..thanks

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
For that kind of HP, the street disk would probably be fine. But, if you ever plan on using slicks, it'll probably start to heat up pretty quickly. I'm running the HD PP w/6-puck disk and I love it. It's not too bad on the street and it can take all the abuse I throw at it. It's really up to you, but my mentality was: if I ever turn the boost up and burn this clutch, I'm gonna have to upgrade to the 6-puck later.. so why not just start with the 6-puck now!

------------------
David
Boosted '98 Super Black SE
Sentra on Steroids

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
my street disk has taken alot of nitrous dumps and alot of abuse, when I actually had the power to abouse it, and I never had a problem with it.......

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Well, we pretty much annihilated a street disk with a 100 shot, that's why for my turbo car I used the 6-puck. No, the 6 puck is still ok on the street.

------------------
David
Boosted '98 Super Black SE
Sentra on Steroids

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
I would seriously go with the Clutchnet disk and pressure plate. They make a disc that's sprung for one thing, it's organic material on one side, and segmented fibertuff on the other side. It's a very light clutch, it feels almost stock to me, and the engagement is like butter. Clutchnet says it will hold 500 wheel HP, it's a 2200 lb. pressure plate. This is the clutch setup Ryan Besterwich has in his SE-R, and it hasn't slipped after at least 2 years, many drag races on slicks and even a couple track events, in addition to being driven daily. This is the car that made 392 HP at the wheels on the dyno.

This is the clutch I have in my car too, and I gotta say I'm impressed, especially if it holds up. It's not worth the pain of the ACT 6-puck with the unsprung disc when this clutch is on the market, at least up to 500 HP.

·
Registered
782 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by YeloBlammo:
hi, im getting a new clutch for my DET, and pondering weather an ACT heavy duty w/ the street disc or the 4 puck disc would be better...they are both roughly about $356 or so....this will be holding rouhly 250 hp..and it is daily driven..what do you guys think/..thanks</font>
I would say run the ACT street disc w/ HD P/PL! Jay H. ran this clutch with much success, even while laying down 409 hp to the wheels! The 4 Puck is way over kill and is not needed for 250 hp! The Street disc will have very little-no chatter and will hold whatever you bring at it!

------------------
http://www.sentra.net/solm/august01/louis.shtml

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
349.6 hp & 301.9 ft/lb @ 19 psi, 12.0 @ 118.77, Bluebird SR20DET, T3/T04E, Deltagate Wastegate, FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, Autometer Shift Light, Fiber Images Carbon Fiber Hood, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Yokohama 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24.5x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts