SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Subculture (Thomas Fox's) car.

The first dyno sheet is his car with Place Racing CAI, UR pulleys, JWT S3 cams, RTR P/S eliminator, 2.25" catback exhaust with mandrel bends and Stillen header.

The second dyno sheet is all the above except with Hotshot Gen5 header.

Now the extra lines in the Gen5 Dyno sheet were made by Darin at R&D Dyno Service, as he wanted to show how much more power the Hotshot was making over the Stillen header.

BTW, Mike K and Rob Cadle as well as most of SoCal SERCA were there that day.

Rob Cadle said earlier he didn't think that a car with S3s could make 150hp with just bolt-ons and no ECU.

Now onto the dyno sheets:

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
Good results indeed. Now there's going to be more than a few $tillen headers in the classifieds soon. ;) Great numbers also.

Who would have thought that there was more than 12.5 whp waiting to be released by switching from one header to another. Not stock manifold to header, but header to header. Unreal. Can't dispute the dyno #'s.

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
I hit 138.8whp/129 ft-lbs. on my old Se-r w/o S3's in yet and a 2nd Gen Stillen header. I truely believe that I could have hit 150whp with a Hotshot header. My motor was a freak I think. I'm glad to see that someone else has done it. Congrats on the goal.

·
XE-R Overweight
125 Posts
WickedSR20 said:
Now there's going to be more than a few $tillen headers in the classifieds soon.
Now for those of us headerless, looks like once the Gen6s come out, theres gonna be a lot of used gen5's around :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
First off wasnt this an already know fact that the Gen5 HS was superior to the $tillen unit?

Second he is not the only one to hit 150 with S3's and no ecu tunning. There is a guy in northern CA that hit 150 with a USDM motor HS Header and S3s, with no ecu tunning. His screen name is Atomicbomberman

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Has anyone has any experience moving from the earlier HS versions to the Gen 5? What kinds of gains would be expected?

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
NISMOrob said:
First off wasnt this an already know fact that the Gen5 HS was superior to the $tillen unit?
Maybe so, but has anyone else submitted dyno proven #'s to illustrate the difference in power? We could use more actual info like this. Helps to put into perspective differences one product makes over another.

·
Registered
310 Posts
gen6! :eek: when :confused: ????

·
Registered
264 Posts
Is there something new I missed? These results have been out for a long time, you can search for it in the all motor forum I believe. Just look for posts by Subculture and he shows the results. The +11 hp gain is what made me go and buy a Gen 5. Before I'd only seen the Stillen vs Gen 3 results, and I liked how the Stillen had gains much earlier, but once I saw that dyno (probably 6 months ago now) I went and got the Gen 5 HS. And it's been great.

edit:

Went and found the post, here's the link
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=35949

Note the date on that. However, I will point out that his link no longer works, and so that this post is still pretty handy. I stand corrected.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just got my dyno today.
Max Power: 155.00
Max Torque: 141.07
Conditions: 102.40*F, 29.18 in-Hg, Humidity: 36%

Mods: HS CAI, JWT S3 Cams, Stock ECU, UR Pullies, Stock powersteering, STILLEN 4-1 Header ;) , 2.5" Custom Mandrel Exhaust (2.5" Dynomax Ultra-flo Muffler & 2.5" Thrush Glasspack), NO NPROBE (reset ecu 500 miles ago), and 18* Timing on 93 octane.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have meet Subculture and his car before back when he was in NorCal, he's the one that convinced me I needed Cams. I'm kinda tempted to switch to a Gen5 hotshot header to see the difference. Here is the dyno I did last summer. I'm sure I'll make a few more ponies if I have pullies and a newer header.
Detail mods as follow: Hotshot CAI, Hotshot Gen3 header, JWT S3, NGK iridium plugs, NGK blue wires, 2" Stromung midpipe, backpipe off a stillen exhaust, welded to a magnaflow strightthrough muffler; stock 15 degree timing.
Here is the dyno chart

My engine is a freak ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts