SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey have you guys heard about the UPRD ECU? A buddy of mine got a E-mail about it and fowarded it to me. Says its better than JWT...Anybody else hear about this?

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
I think they can be found at www.uprd.com. Haven't heard much about these except that the Maxima guys seemed to like them and had a group deal going. They had some decent improvements on the dyno with it. No idea how it compares to JWT though.

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
G-FORCE is the company, and from what I understand, is base out of Japan. I 1st heard about them while shopping around for my ecu. www.se-r.net faqs page has a user comparison for you to check out. The guys who do the comparison say that the G-FORCE or UPRD ecu has a faster 0-60 acceleration. I was impressed with what I was reading. But was later told that the remaping or reprograming of the SR20DE engine ecu was pretty much pioneered and perfected with JWTechnologies.G-FORCE is competively price and sometimes can be found 100 or so dollars cheaper. I also spoke with Bill at UPRD a while back, while looking for a strut tower brace for my G20, and he stands behind them saying they're just as good or better. Hey SCC does feature the G-FORCE in it's JUNE 2000 Cam/ecu comparison issue. Check it out. I hope this helps.

Nigel
95G20t/AUTO

[This message has been edited by paradyme (edited 01-25-2001).]

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
actualy there are tons of things out there that are better than JWT stuff. its just how much are you willing to spend, how much time tuneing it, how driveable you want it to be, and how much of streetability you are willing to lose. If you are wanting pure power, a stand alone unit with proper settings will net tons, but you gota spend lots of money and time. just giving a broad statement of "better than JWT, i doubt it" is not that good. while i would agree for a street car that doesnt plan on being a "FULL OUT" race car JWT is probaly the best. but there are always something better.

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Well, research and developement makes a world of difference, and because Nissan really doesn't get the attention or praise that say Honda or Acura gets in the US, JWT products say alot as a whole. Many products that other companies make for the Nissan SR20DE engine performance have been tested and fail in comparison. and that in my opinion is because of the lack of research or dedication, sure you can find companies that make products like JWT, but most other companies, I've found don't show a specific interest in products made for the SR20DE or Nissan period for that matter. I've spoken with Jim and he has informed me that he has tested concept engines and other things for Nissan, so I guess they are that soul company here in the US that is dedicated to Nissan artermarket developement not just the hot cars like the Z or Skyline and they stand behind them.

Nigel
95G20t/AUTO

[This message has been edited by paradyme (edited 01-26-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts