SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a jwt ecu and its not sending the signal to my fuel pump or relay to turn it on...i tried another ecu and it works fine... this is weird cause before the pump died it would still start the car but if i would tap the gas, the car would die. all of a sudden the ecu doesnt work after replacing the pump...do you guyz know if it can be tapped or a solution instead of getting a new ecu considering it is turbocharged and would cost $$$ to fix considering a jwt ecu is 5 bills or just maybe what couldve caused this?

·
yup
1,208 Posts
since you have a jwt ecu... i would reccomend calling them up maybe for some advice... i know people have had bad experiences with jwt customer support but if you catch them on a good day their advice will be invaluable... good luck

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
It would help if people filled out their profiles so that we knew what year car they have. Did you verify your findings at the fuel pump relay or did you just swap ECU's and determine this? If for whatever reason, the ECU is not operating the fuel pump, then you could tap into a keyed-hot wire off the ignition switch and use that to operate a relay which would in turn ground the fuel pump relay only when the key is in the on/start position. The only difference between this and how the ECU would operate the pump, is that when the key is in the on position, it only primes the pump with a 5 second running time and then it shuts back off until you start the car. With the relay bypass, the pump would stay on until you turned the key off. It sounds to me like you fried something in the ECU when you replaced the pump. BTW, I've felt the way Clay has before, and although sometimes that seems true, there have been times when I would have been up **** creek without a paddle if it weren't for people here on the forum. It's sort of hit and miss, and although it's not perfect I've seen worse. Try the Grand Am forums sometime, either people literally don't know Jack Schitt about their cars, or they simply don't care to help a guy out.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Dude, its even simpler than that to explain why people don't answer. It's because majority of the time, the question's been asked before, and noobs don't take the time to search. This ECU question may not have been asked before, and it may not have been answered as quickly because of another reason: there may not be someone present at a particular time to be able to answer the question as soon as someone may want it.

Also, this is a place where people choose to answer, free of charge. You aren't paying people to help you find out what the problem is that you're facing. Patience is an advisable factor here. So I don't see what the complaning is about. If you have a problem, go to another forum. Its not anyone's fault that noobs don't search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts