SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Really? Neat. How much is it to race? I have been wondering what drag racing is like. Might go just to watch too.

------------------

Josh Brockman
'91 Classic, Vail White - K&N drop-in, 195/55-14 SP8Ks, some stereo crap, otherwise stock though, 130k

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sorry, guess the link answered my question. Anyway, I've never been to one of these. how early do you have to get there and how many runs do you get for the money? I have a slow stocker so I know I won't be advancing anywhere in eliminations, just trying to figure out if it's worth the money.

------------------

Josh Brockman
'91 Classic, Vail White - K&N drop-in, 195/55-14 SP8Ks, some stereo crap, otherwise stock though, 130k

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
How did this past wednesday go? Did ryan run? Or who ran? What times. Thanks

------------------
Mark Merliss
97 SR20 SE-R(Pacific sun blue)
Its from america's dairyland, what can get any better than that.
Pics up soon!!!

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
I hope to show up to that. Maybe on a wednesday or the saturday for this event.

------------------
Mark Merliss
97 SR20 SE-R(Pacific sun blue)

[email protected] w/ s4's,jwt ecu, muffler, and a styrafoam air filter.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'll be there watching and taking tons of pics and what not....So if any of you guys are there I'll stop and say hi....

------------------
2k SE

[This message has been edited by Sentra Styling (edited 10-12-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last Wed I didn't see any sentra's run. I was there for most of the night--tons and tons of dsm's---in the 12's!!!! I always have a great time there. I am not running on sat---just going to watch--I love these all import days--went to one in E-town last summer and had a blast---I will be in a white se-r classic if anyone wants to meet up 508 954 2106 is my cell.

mark

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Didn't get a chance to run. I had to meet with my General business team to discuss our project. Maybe next week if these guys want to go again.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
jo mom
502 Posts
I am really thinking about going.. I'll take your #'s down and call you if i'm down there. Mine's 207 233 7386.

·
jo mom
502 Posts
I went to this. A couple classics ran in the 16's. I think 16.1 and 16.4 Wet track but still many cars were running near their best. There was heavily modded white classic, turbo. Didn't get to see him go. Ouch...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Andy - The white classic turbo ran a 13.3 and a 13.1. He said he was running at 10psi today, but that he had run 12.2s at higher boost levels. Nice car, didn't have a chance to look at his turbo setup, He said it used to be some kit but he went over everything this year on it. The black classic that ran a 16.4 the first time ran a 15.3 on his last run. It had intake/exhaust/ignition. The red classic ended up with a 16.0. There was also a B14, older guy. who ran a 15.9.

Did you see the 10.5 second K-car or the Startlet get stuffed into the wall?

I saw your car but never saw you inside - the place was a mess - I had no idea that many people show up to these things!

------------------

Josh Brockman

·
jo mom
502 Posts
Hey Josh, Yeah my dad and i were checking out cars in the parking lot and saw your car. I talked to the red classic driver a couple times and he had no clue about the forum. Those big wheels were nothing but trouble too. Good to hear the rough black one got better times.. See the red nx2k in the show? Told him about the forum.. Yup saw the 10sec k car. 2nd best before that was an Acclaim running 3x turbo pressure on a factory engine. I think he was 12.96! Man the RSX type S got smoked so did every BMW there. A Supra went 13.1.

·
Registered
504 Posts
And I for got to mention - did you see the black turbo classic parked between the show and the track? He's from Wells, ME, he said he has checked out the forum before. I got his email address and he might show up at our little geekout. He just got the Hotshot turbo kit on it and said he ran a traction-limited 14.4 at 5psi last time out, didn't race today though. Neat looking turbo car anyhow, who knew there were any in Maine?

I guess I missed the show NX. There was one maroon NX2K that raced, something must have been wrong with his, he was running 17s.

-------
Josh

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yeah did you guys see that black Sentra???
I talked to him about the boards and he didn't have a clue about any of them....
But that white classic was really sweet....
How about that white turbo'd Maxima it had a good run as well...The owner of that car works for Fireside Nissan.....I had a great time though just watching all the Honda's getting thier asses handed to them,,especially by Neon's

------------------
2k SE

·
Registered
504 Posts
What was your car like, Massclassic? were you inside the gates or out? I saw a bunch of classics too, nobody seemed to know the board though. I was a white one with maine plates out in the parking lot.

Sentra Styling, which one was yours? I tried to talk to the owners of all the se-rs I saw, but saw a few in the parking lot I never caught up with (including a black G20 parked next to me).

The k-car was not gus, though it is a friend of gus, I saw a link to its' site off gus's page. Gus was in the slugmobile, the 12-second acclaim. Both neat cars that must totally embarrass lots of expensive cars.

Supposedly the miata was a small-block chevy. I saw it run once, it ran real fast out of the gate, but shut down before the end, think it still ran a 12 though.

I'm pissed now that I left early, I never saw the starion run 10s.

Josh,
'91 SE-R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a white classic with mesh grill in the front. I showed my car to a couple people---one guy said he never heard of the boards--and another guy said he used it a while ago--I gave both of them the new link. I was hanging around inside mostly---I have a lot of DSM friends and my old honda club was there too---so I really wasn't "looking" for se-r people. I put my cell on the board if anyone wanted to meet up and nobody rang me--so I really didn't bother to look. Tommorow is my big day---I am dropping off my car for the nos and header-cat-cat-back install. This thing better pick up some speed now. We'll see
Anyone up for meeting there this wed night?

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't get to meet any of you guys--at least I don't think so---I kept seeing classics---but there was nobody around them. I didn't end up running becasue it was so crowded. That Starlet that smacked the wal was quite a show---someone said he was pushing 400hp in a 1600# car!! Asking for trouble--esp. with a semi-wet track. That k-car was absoultely ridiculous. That is the same guy (GUS) from CT that has the mad-mini van with the same et's. Anyone see that Miati with the parachutes? I never saw him run---I wonder what he had? My favorite run of the day was the 10.2 on that old school starion---and the burnout of the chevette with the 350 chevy. How that was an import I will neve know---but it was an awesome time none the less.

·
Registered
729 Posts
ME classic I didn't take my car...But I did try to talk to everyone that had a sentra there....

------------------
2k SE

·
Registered
729 Posts
Here's a few pics of cars Sentra's

And here's a decent 240

------------------
2k SE

1 - 20 of 22 Posts