SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo yeah, I was getting really sick of my old coffee can. I have a 2.5 cat-back leading up to it, and it flows great, but is quite loud, and droans in the car. Not to mention IT RATTLES! I never really liked it that much to begin with, and it attracts a good amount of negative attention, so, time to get a new one.

I searched for quite a while to find the style I wanted at the right price, and got it. I'd say it flows about the same, and is quieter in-car than the old one. So I've put up some before and after pictures, just to show. Tell me what you think!

Old crap \/

New **** \/

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
I like it a lot. Very mature.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest, it's another ebay muffler. So what, I'm broke! 2.5" inlet, 3" (OD) outlets. 4x8 body, I think. I taped off the tips and painted the body in 1200* BBQ black. I just thought this style fit my car much better. I'll be going turbo over the winter, hopefully, and I'll be removing the cat and running a 30" resonator in the mid-pipe. We'll see how loud it gets then...

·
yeah it's a race car
1,334 Posts
haha so that's why you didn't state what the muffler was to begin with

who cares if you got it off ebay as long as it sounds good and it looks good of course who knows how long it will last, is it stainless

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, yea..ebay. This is really more of a temporary fix, and if it lasts, sweet. Yes, it's stainless, and the inside appears to be as well. It only cost me $35 shipped, so I don't care that much. Just got sick of the other one. Maybe I'll get a REAL exhaust someday, but this does more than fine for now :biggthump

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
matth said:
Im running a 2.5 cat back with a 4inch can with a hotshot header.
Do you have a resonator? My exact setup is a Stillen 4-1, OEM cat, 20" 2.25"preforated core glasspack(no louvers), 2.5 pipe to muffler, and now this 20" twin tip. I'll get a little video up, but it's really windy here today, and that is no good for the camera's mic.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dammit, it's windy today too! I wouldn't run right out and buy one, thinking it'll be quiet, because it's nowhere near quiet. It's quieter than my old can, but that's not saying much, because that thing was pretty freakin loud.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.