SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the new bumper installed today.. Input?

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

[This message has been edited by Matt4Nissan (edited 08-17-2001).]

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Looks tight...but I like the old stillen bumper better. Nice grille you got there. I am not that creative to do that...

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER
http://photos.yahoo.com/nyceser

·
Registered
196 Posts
Niiiice Bumper! Looks very aggressive!
How long did stillen take to send it to you?

Good work with the grill too, how hard was it to cut the other pieces off?

------------------
~GUZ~

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
it's o-k, the old GT-R bumper was better... I think a plain ol' Stillen lip woulda made your car look better, anyways... you need to put some gutter gaurd or whatever you used on your top grill on the bottom holes to make it look completed, right now it looks as though something is missing. But I like that better than the one on Stillen's site.

------------------
Greg Taylor
Black 96 200SX SE-R
More info on my car

·
Registered
25 Posts
Matt, I like it! It's something new and different. That's why I got a SE-R in the first place and not a Honda or Acura.

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments. I'm pretty sure you can still get the old GTR bumper still. This is just the new Big Mouth Bumper. As for shipping I couldn't believe how fast it got here. Ordered it on a Thursday got it on a Tuesday. I'm in the market for some side skirts and rear bumper now. I might see what kind of a deal I can find on the GTR kit without the front bumper. As far as the mesh goes, I don't know if I'm going to put any in there. I like the open look. My CAI is definately getting full cold air now.

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
Your going to end up paying a lot more because you are gonig to have to buy the side skirts and rear bumper seperatly..not in a kit....thats where they get you, if you buy the ewhol kit say its 800, but if you buy everything seperatly it can cost like 400 for the front, 400 for the rear and 400 for the skirts..

·
0 Posts
I like it. At first I was like "what the?".
But after further reviewing the pics, I like it. Just mesh up that BIG MOUTH!

------------------
and me and my wife

-

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
he won't end up paying more... I had stillen peice together a kit for me from different kits they offered and they gave me a cheaper price, depends on who ya talk to. They will prob. give ya a deal... o yeah, the bumper is growing on me. Doesn't seem very low though...hmmm?

------------------
Greg Taylor
Black 96 200SX SE-R
More info on my car

W

·
0 Posts
euhm, Matt4Nissan ! where do you got these front lights ???

Is Stillen the best place to get products for nissan 200 sx ??? and sentras ?

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The lights I got from Nis-Knacks before their tragedy. Their supplier burnt down so they are no longer available. Stillen is good for some parts, IMHO styling parts. A lot of their stuff is overpriced.

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
I got em too, nany nany boo boo!

Can't get them anymore bro... sorry
... Anyway my kit is a stillen too. Stillen is good when it comes to kits and headers(Personal pref, Im getting a HS), but other things they are just too damn expensive and they outsource many of their items from other companies.

------------------
Greg Taylor
Black 96 200SX SE-R
More info on my car

[This message has been edited by borguesian (edited 08-18-2001).]

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On a side note, I'm glad that in Florida we don't have to have a front tag. Man that'll ruin a nice bumper

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
i can only imagine an FMIC there..

that is pimp tight, good work.

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
90 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matt4Nissan:
On a side note, I'm glad that in Florida we don't have to have a front tag. Man that'll ruin a nice bumper</font>
Lucky you. I get tickets because I don't have one on mine. I lived in North Carolina for 2 years and they didn't have front license plates either.

------------------
Slow 1.6
http://members.tripod.com/yankitman

·
Registered
503 Posts
Nice, nice.... I still like my VIS Extreme front better, but the polyurethane front could come in handy... and the big mouth would be better when i go turbo later this year.... how much was it by the way??

------------------
-97 SE-R with all the looks... soon the speed to match.
-96 Civic EX with the basics
http://www.geocities.com/RaceMySER/

[This message has been edited by RaSER X (edited 09-01-2001).]

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah only bad part about the VIS is I've seen it on MANY cars. As far as I know I was the first besides Stillen to have the new front installed on my car. As far as price goes it was $350 plus shipping, lists for $399 but you can talk them down. I thought you were selling your se-r?

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

1 - 20 of 21 Posts