No, your 3 year old hotshot CAI is not stainless, it just has a coating on it. I really do not know why hotshot decided to go stainless with their CAI's. All it will do is push the price up. It really does not make sense for anybody to spend 250 on a stainless CAI when they can get a regular one for 190ish
Because we never stop working to provide our customers with the best products in the market, we are very pleased to introduce the newest addition to our high performance product lineup the "Hotshot IV - Performance Injected™" Stainless Steel Air Intake System. Hotshot air intake systems not only provide you with added horse power, but add show quality looks to your engine compartment.
NEW Features Include:
• Show winning, polished 304 stainless steel.
• 100% In-house fabrication, built by hand in the USA.
• The best heat transfer, strength and weight properties available.
• Rattle proof mounting system that's guaranteed not to crack.
• Billet / CNC machined MAF adapter plates manufactured on our in house machining centers. (When required by model)
• Includes Hotshot High-Flow air filter, necessary couplers, stainless steel clamps and hoses.
• Full step-by-step installation instructions and available tech support.
• Dyno proven HP and TQ gains conducted by Independent source.
• New 100% Lifetime, warranty
Or you could buy some SS mandrel bends from JC whitney and get some nice silicone couplings and have the same thing for under $100. This is what I'm going to do if/when I do a VE swap. I'm going to buy an HS CAI and make sure I get the right bend radius pipe and diameters, then send the HS back for a refund.