SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just installed my GC yesterday...Car looks pretty dope..the only thing is that they ride way crappier than my Sprint Springs! The sprints lowered the car about 2 inches..I have the GC at about 2.5 ( I know thats a lot but it seems like its bottoming out a lot more..especially the rear. The car is .5 a inch lower but with the stiffer springs it should compensate a little right? I went with 300/200. I definetly thinking of cutting the rear bumpstop..The rear looks about the same height as with the sprints...Im thinking that the rear might actually be sitting on the bumpstop. I remember from my first car that after a certain height the front would not go any lower without cutting the bumpstops. Taking my car to get realigned today..thinking of buying some aftermarket struts and shocks too....But yeah used the duct tape trick on the rears..worked great! made the sleeve fit a lot better. Quick question though...whats the lowest anybodys gotten there GC to go? I wanted to see what my car looked like dumped but decided to leave them at about 3 revolutions above the bottom. Will these springs settle like others? And has how much bumpstop do most of you guys leave? ( Front & Rear ) Thanks guys

------------------
Irwin 96 200sx SE-R (stock)

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Holy cow! 2.5 inches and you haven't even cut the bumpstops! Dayyaaam! First of all, if you have stock length struts, it's never good to drop the car more than 1". Yea, I know you're going for the looks, but right now I bet all you look like is a riceboy bouncing all over the place. If you really want to go low and have a good ride, go buy yourself some motivational struts and shocks. Otherwise, buy the AGXs and raise the car up. Another thing you can do to the rear to gain some travel is to get the motivational rear upper mounts. They work great! If you plan on leaving the car that low, don't even bother with replacement struts that are stock length because all you'll be doing is blowing them constantly (I dropped mine like 1.75 inches and I think one of my AGXs is blown). Don't mean to sound harsh, just letting you know the facts: we hardly have any travel on these cars when they're low.

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn....I guess Im gonna have to get the moti's then...I tried going to their website a couple of days ago but its not there..Would you happen to have a link that works for that site? Yeah im running a Greddy SP catback too..and I've never scraped it...and that was with my 2 inch Sprints....Why that low? I didn't buy 426 dollar, up to 3 inch drop giving coilovers to leave them at 1.5 inchs. I know a lot of guys here are all out performance guys! But if you can't tell by the pic of my car...I'm also into making my car visually appealing. Im just one of those..the lower the better (it looks)

------------------

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soopastank:
damn....I guess Im gonna have to get the moti's then...I tried going to their website a couple of days ago but its not there..Would you happen to have a link that works for that site?
</font>
http://www.motivational.net/nissan/index.htm

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I know thats pretty low..but I had my Sprint Springs on for the last 50,000 miles and they ride really good. (stock struts/shocks with half of front bumpstop cut and didn't even touch rear bumpstop ) Struts and Shocks are still fine also. The thing is they dropped the car 2 inches. What the spring rate of those things are..I don't know..but they rode a lot better than my GC and I paid 100 bucks for those brand new. Besides the shortend struts is there anyway to make the ride decent? Especially if I want to keep it around 2.5 inches...I I know I didn't spend 426 on putting my car half a inch closer to the ground and bouncing up and down like a pogo stick.

------------------

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
If you want anything decent (ride wise) with over 1.25", you can't really avoid Motivational. I have about 1.75" (still looks high with the 17s) and I think that's way too low, but it doesn't ride that bad, but I have AGXs. I know that I'm gonna blow 'em, but after I do, I'm going with the motivaionals. So basically, no, there's no way around shortened struts with that much of a drop. Why would you want it that low anyway? I scrape my Greddy and sometimes the bottom of my car with my car as it sits now. I can't imagine going as low as you are.

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts