SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRST OF ALL HELLO GUYS... AM I HAVE A 200SX SE-R AND I WANT TO GET THE F-MAX TURBO KIT ... I HAVE a/f RATIO GUAGE AND bOOST.
APEX-I AFC AND BOOST CONTROL ... ANY THING ELSE... DO GREDDY CATBACK WORK WELL OR DO I HAVE TO GET 3 INCH CATBACK???? THANKX..KESI24

------------------
93 nissan altima...14.96
97 nissan 200sx se-r ..

[This message has been edited by kesi24 (edited 12-28-2000).]

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Kill the caps man! I'm not quite sure what you asking but the F-max kit comes with everything you need except the exhaust from the cat back. For a good running turbo I'd ditch the Greddy and go 3" all the way.

Mike

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
Remember not included but needed with the Fmax kit is: clutch and clutch disc, some engine mount reinforcing in the form of solid mount or ES inserts, if going over 10psi add something to help ignition such as MSD 6A, weld up and cryo treat tranny gears. All that is just a start. Electronic or manual boost controls, brake and suspension upgrades to handle the added power would be wise as well.

------------------

'97 200SX SE-R
JWT ECU, Place ECU

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Schweet turbo tom. I saw you post on the list you lucky ______! Now I'm wondering dose that turbo have an interrnal waste gate?
Kinda looks like it in the picture.

Mike

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thomas Reynolds:
Remember not included but needed with the Fmax kit is: clutch and clutch disc, some engine mount reinforcing in the form of solid mount or ES inserts, if going over 10psi add something to help ignition such as MSD 6A, weld up and cryo treat tranny gears. All that is just a start. Electronic or manual boost controls, brake and suspension upgrades to handle the added power would be wise as well.

</font>
You don't really "need" to beef the tranny going over 10psi. I'm still on the stock trans with a pile of whoop ass on it for the entire season last year and nitrous before that! (BTW this is with me running 16+ psi all the time with a max of 22)

The way you shift and treat your trans has a lot to do with how it lives. If you shift normal but quick it will be fine. If you start banging gears and popping the clutch out after shifts, your screwed.

I'm probably going to treat my gears this winter but I might just wait to see what the new "fix" is. Besides it will be cool to see just how much the stocker can take.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Sorry for the off topic but.. Jay where did you get that Nissan hat you were wearing at NED? I want one!!

Mike

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
why not get that beefed up sr16vvti tranny? it will bolt up right? check the archives and find out about it. I know you are one of the people who does one of those wholly **** kind of mods.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Now I'm wondering dose that turbo have an interrnal waste gate?
Kinda looks like it in the picture.

Mike</font>
No it does not have an internal wastegate. That is just a wastegate port, machined into the turbine housing, to be used if you want to add the optional integral wastegate pieces. I will be using a TiAl.

------------------

'97 200SX SE-R
JWT ECU, Place ECU

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all i want to run is 10PSI what exhaust do u gous have ... is apexi dunk turbo.. with 3 in cat back will work...

------------------
93 nissan altima...14.96
97 nissan 200sx se-r ..

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike Gosselin:
Sorry for the off topic but.. Jay where did you get that Nissan hat you were wearing at NED? I want one!!

Mike
</font>
Hahaaa I got it from Craig closet full of Nissan freebies Damaschi. That guy has Nismo shirts, signed posters, hats, key chains etc etc.

I wish I could help you more but that's about the best I can do. Maybe hit up the local dealership to see what goodies Nissan gave them to hand out. Don't waste your time with the SE-R hat from Courtesy. It's on of those "sit high on your head" John Deer type caps and you can't change it or wear it in. I know I bought one.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
well, the john deer hat makes sense b/c the hats were made in TX

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

1 - 12 of 12 Posts