SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me first introduce myself. Hi everyone my name is Aaron and live in San Francisco cali. I own a 98 200SX SE....Yeah...SE.. I wasn't able to buy the SE-R because I bought it Jan. "99". By that time the SE-R was sold out. So I just planned on doing an engine swap in the near future. Hopefully to have pictures soon. Well, my question is does anyone know how to reset the "service engine soon" light??? I accidently turned on my engine without the air sensor attached. So now I have my engine light on. I tried disconnecting the battery for 10 min and its still on. Someone told be to un-plug the comp. for 10 min and connect it back and it should work. I haven't tried it yet. I was wondering if anyone else has any other ideas.

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
So I just planned on doing an engine swap in the near future. Hopefully to have pictures soon. Well, my question is does anyone know how to reset the "service engine soon" light??? I accidently turned on my engine without the air sensor attached. So now I have my engine light on. I tried disconnecting the battery for 10 min and its still on. Someone told be to un-plug the comp. for 10 min and connect it back and it should work.

try disconnecting the battery overnight to clear the ecu.
it would be more cost effective for you to dump the se and buy a se-r then do a motor swap. about the only similarity is the nissan badge :-(

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I'd have to agree with teal97 on that one. The cars are totally different. Tranny's etc, as well as supsension. Get the SE-R and enjoy the VLSD and everything else that kicks ass about the se-r.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header(not installed), Hotshot CAI (waiting for patiently)

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
UMM I believe the SE and SE-R have the same suspension. But the motor, trans, alt, and rear brakes are different. But the front calipers are the same, you just need the SE-R torque brackets. And if he wants to buy a 98 SE-R I think a swap would be a decent alternative. Just my .02

late,
wes

·
Registered
466 Posts
I looked in my '96 FSM, and the GA cars had smaller front brakes. Not a big difference, but they are not the same. The cost involved to put a SR20 in a GA body would not be worth it. Take whatever mods you already have that will work on a SR20, sell your car and get a REAL SE-R. I'm not bashing the GA16 peeps, but in the long run, you'll be happier.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
466 Posts
And from what I remember, the springs on the SE-R were stiffer than the base/SE. I'll look to make sure when I get home to be sure. The struts are the same though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts