SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am pretty new to the SE-R and have a question. I have a 97 SE-R and wanted to know if front bumper cover and grill from a 98 SE-R will fit my car or if they need modifications to fit nicely, I have seen the bumper cover from the 98 on a pre 98 car but not sure if any modifications need to be made.

Thanks
James

·
Registered
466 Posts
The bumper from a 98 SE-R or a 99 Sentra SE will fit, but the grill from a 98 SE-R will not without changing the headlights. I think you are looking for a 98 Sentra grill.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops sorry, yeah i meant grill from a 98 sentra. anyone have one for sale?

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NoVTECSER:
The bumper from a 98 SE-R or a 99 Sentra SE will fit, but the grill from a 98 SE-R will not without changing the headlights. I think you are looking for a 98 Sentra grill.

</font>
Eric, are you sure the bumper fits? i thought i remember readin on the main list one time that it doesnt fit? i may be wrong.

James: check the archives at http://www.se-r.net you may find your answer in their somewhere by typing "98 bumper" in the search.

------------------
Ryan Walsh...1st 97 owner ever to succesfully mount a 98SE exhaust to a 97SER!
relaxing after a quiet ride home from SF2K1. first day without an exhaust in a long time.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NoVTECSER:

</font>
So does that mean on my '97 I could change to a '98 bumper, and the current grill will still fit?

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on! My bumper has got a few dings....
Thanks....

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Yes the 98 bumper will fit. I have a 96 200SX and I swapped out the front and rear bumper covers for the 98's. The only modification that I had to make, was to remove the two mounting tabs that are directly under the grill, otherwise all the holes are the same. The rear bumper is a perfect fit, all holes line up perfect! Heres a pic. of the 98 bumper, I opted for a stillen grill and projectors.

Hops this helps.

late,
wes

www.wes.nissanpower.com

·
Registered
705 Posts
Wes,
How long have you had the grill? Did you paint the mesh wiht silver or clearcoat or anything? I was in a rush to put mine on(cuz i didnt have anything on there), so i didnt do anythign to it, and now its rusted. Now i gotta take it off and take my time to sand it and paint it. You better do something wiht oyurs if you havent already.

------------------
Ryan Walsh...Hmmm, what should I buy with my $708 bucks from income tax returns?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts